Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: geforce 4 and Xwin in BSD
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers geforce 4 and Xwin in BSD Post 28299 by bsdjunkie on Monday 16th of September 2002 07:24:30 PM
Old 09-16-2002
geforce 4 and Xwin in BSD

Has anyone had any luck in using a newer Geforce card in BSD? I dont really care about 3d accel as of now, just trying to get X up with a standard 1024x768 display would be nice Smilie

Never mind, just read on web that nvidea is planning on making drivers for fbsd now that the latest linux ones are finished! =)
http://nvidia.netexplorer.org/news.html

Last edited by bsdjunkie; 09-17-2002 at 12:58 PM..
bsdjunkie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for Geforce 6200 driver for Redhat 8.0

I would like to know how to find the Nvidia Geforce 6200 driver for Redhat 8.0? Please help! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexhon
4 Replies

3. Solaris

EVGA Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS and OpenSolaris

My Nvidia Geforce 6200 SE blew on me a few days agom, to dat I purchased a Nerw EVGA NVidia GeForce 8400 gs. Will this card work with my current Nvidia Drivers or will i have to reinstall OpenSolaris inorder to get it funchtioning properly EVGA NVidia GeForce 8400 GS 256MB PciE X 16 D-HD-VGA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FloridaBSD
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

connect Xwin by xdmp in red hat linux

I use redhat linux enterprise 4 , I setup and enable the xdmp already. I want to use XMing in window XP to connect to x server in this red hat linux and start the x-window . But I fail as it is no response from red hatl inux and time out ... Please advice what I need to do in the linux OS ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X11 connection problem when using Xwin-32

Hi I'm using Xwin-32 to connect to my labs UNIX machines. Previously I was able to connect to the systems easily but now I get this error message (posted below) and the unix session is not able to start. can somebody help me. Looking up host "blade2.tec.ufl.edu" Connecting to 128.227.241.112... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mevich
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Geforce 7300LE Driver

Hi guys. I have installed fedora 14 and in appearance menu all text is shown like monochrome(it is on Best Contrast but text is like monochrome). i want to install nvidia driver so i looked at package manager and the only package is installed is "X.Org X11 nouveau video driver". anything else... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
0 Replies
CR_SEEOTHERGIDS(9)					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					CR_SEEOTHERGIDS(9)

NAME
cr_seeothergids -- determine visibility of objects given their group memberships SYNOPSIS
int cr_seeothergids(struct ucred *u1, struct ucred *u2); DESCRIPTION
This function determines the visibility of objects in the kernel based on the group IDs in the credentials u1 and u2 associated with them. The visibility of objects is influenced by the sysctl(8) variable security.bsd.see_other_gids. If this variable is non-zero then all objects in the kernel are visible to each other irrespective of their group membership. If this variable is zero then the object with credentials u2 is visible to the object with credentials u1 if either u1 is the super-user credential, or if at least one of u1's group IDs is present in u2's group set. SYSCTL VARIABLES
security.bsd.see_other_gids Must be non-zero if objects with unprivileged credentials are to be able to see each other. RETURN VALUES
This function returns zero if the object with credential u1 can ``see'' the object with credential u2, or ESRCH otherwise. SEE ALSO
cr_seeotheruids(9), p_candebug(9) BSD
November 11, 2003 BSD