Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Learning Unix & Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Learning Unix & Linux Post 28231 by faaarin on Monday 16th of September 2002 02:22:28 AM
Old 09-16-2002
Learning Unix & Linux

I'm new to Unix. I'm just looking for really good unix documents through Internet as pdf format on programming in all shells, and system adminstrator documents, and well as just all around really good documents on unix.

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are Unix & Linux the Same ?

Well i have downloaded some Linux stuff and isos but before i install i really like to know what is the diffirence and i like to install apache webserver , can it be done on Linux ? I am a real Dummy but after some practice i will be a PRO :-) Thanks for all the replies .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zodiac
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

what is the difference between Unix & linux, what are the advantages & disadvantages

ehe may i know what are the difference between Unix & Linux, and what are the advantages of having Unix as well as disadvantages of having Unix or if u dun mind i am dumb do pls tell me what are the advantages as well as the disadvantages of having linux as well. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cybertechmkteo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux & Unix Compatibility

I am looking for a dual XEON or any dual CPU motherboard that can support Linux and Solaris at the same time. Does anyone have any idea? I am now looking at the TYAN S2507T / TYAN S2505T / TYAN S2720, you guys have any clue?:confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: doyho
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the difference between Unix & linux

:confused: Hi All Can anyone help me in finding the answer of the question mentioned below. What is the difference between Unix & linux ? Thanks in Advance to all CSaha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaha
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learning Unix/Linux from the Start?

I was wondering if someone could tell me where I could learn everything about Unix/Linux and I was also wondering what the differance between Unix and Linux was :confused: Ive never used it, never seen it.. But Im interested in learning :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vallzi
3 Replies

6. Linux

which linux is best for learning unix?

I have just installed Ubuntu because I need a linux system asap and Ubuntu seems to be easiest for that. But I plan on installing some other Linux distro's for a while (maybe on virtualBox too) so i can understand the inner workings of linux and especially more about unix. I know that alot of the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuzzylogic25
11 Replies

7. AIX

LEARNING AIX - PLS GUID MY BRO 'S & SISTERS !

Hi, I am harsath , am new to UNIX- Aix ust started to learning , interested in working with servers , is it necessary to know shell scripting before learning aix, will i get job only if i know aix .... pls reply..... Thanks in advance.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsath24330
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Unix & Linux

Hi, I am a newbie to Unix/Linux and I have always been fascinated by them. I just need information on how I can install a Unix/Linux operating system on an Acer Laptop that previously had a Windows XP OS installed. Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pitsmero
1 Replies

9. Programming

7 days into learning PYTHON & looking for some feedback

Hey folks. Title says it all, but... It's been an interesting few days. Never done anything object-oriented before. Previously only had BASH experience. I'm LOVING python. I see so much potential (of course). Can't wait to really get a feel for what's available in the Standard Library. I have no... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryran
6 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xalan & Xerces issues for Oracle Linux 6.6 & Solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux

Hi Team, I am facing issue while using Xalan & Xerces for my application. Below are my environment details i am using :- Platform:- Oracle Linux 6.6 Compiler :- solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux Below are the versions of Xalan & Xerces source code used to build the shared object... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrachirag
0 Replies
disco(1)						      General Commands Manual							  disco(1)

NAME
disco - Mono's Web Service Discovery Tool SYNOPSIS
disco [options] url DESCRIPTION
disco is a tool for discovering web services and for retireving the documents that describe those services. url is the location of a DISCO document, which includes a list of WSDL documents, XML schemas and references to other DISCO documents. disco downloads the DISCO document and all referenced documents (unless the -nosave option is specified), and saves them to disk. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -nologo Supress the startup logo. -nosave Do not save the discovered documents to disk. The default is to save the documents. -o:directory , -out:directory The directory where to save the discovered documents. By default, documents are saved in the current directory. -u:username , -user:username The user name to use when connecting to the server. -p:password , -password:password The password to use when connecting to the server. -d:domain , -domain:domain The domain to use when connecting to the server. -proxy:url The url of the proxy server to use for http requests. -proxyusername:username The user name to use when connecting to the proxy. -proxypassword:password The password to use when connecting to the proxy. -proxydomain:domain The domain to use when connecting to the proxy. AUTHORS
Lluis Sanchez Gual (lluis@ximian.com) LICENSE
disco is released under the terms of the GNU GPL. SEE ALSO
wsdl(1), soapsuds(1), mono(1), mcs(1) disco(1)