Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I want to reset my workstation! Post 28218 by Sotelo_27 on Sunday 15th of September 2002 06:21:18 PM
Old 09-15-2002
Question I want to reset my workstation!

I am having an error in my workstation. I want to reset it and start from scratch. I also want to add a 120 G. Drive to my workstation. I checked out a book at my local library on unix. I still can't figure out how to erase everything and install this drive,please help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

emulations in workstation...

i have a network with Windows NT 4.0, and now i will install a UNIX server. Bud my workstation are in NT Workstation 4.0. I don't know about this installation. how do i for this connection. have i to use workstation emulation? please, help me!!! ASAP. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmilano
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP UX workstation?

Hi, I want to learn more about HP UX and I want to purchase an HP UX workstation to further my self studying. Which is a good model and where can I purchase a used system? thanks so much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xNYx
2 Replies

3. UNIX Benchmarks

Server and Workstation benchmarking

This is from my server AMD K6 133MHz 64Mb RAM 4GB HDD (Maxtor - ATA33) 2x10Mb NIC 1Mb Intel Graphic Card BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) System -- FreeBSD sergiu.tarnita.net 5.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE #2: Thu Mar 17 15:49:16 EET 2005... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP 9000 workstation configuring

Hi, I have an HP9000 rp7420 running 11.i. I managed to mess up the console and can no longer get it to act as the console. When resetting the MP it seems to works, and after booting partition I can telnet into the box. Can anyone direct me to configuring the console HP700/96 is the model.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukitus
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

logging into a workstation from the internet

i have a sun solaris workstation that want to be able to access when i'm not home. is there way to do this? like say i have the workstation turned on at the house but say i'm in a hotel several miles away, i want to be able to access this workstation using the internet on my laptop (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Setting up a new workstation

Hi all, I'm about to build a new workstation and was thinking about running Solaris 10 on it. First the hardware: AMD opteron 2.2Ghz dual Core 2GB RAM Nvidia Quadro FX1400 SATA 2x250GB HDD 2x Eizo S1911 Monitors Will Solaris handle the dualscreens or will i have to use only one? Also,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmy66
6 Replies

7. Linux

vmware workstation

i have following :- fedora 16 x 64bit kernel 3.2.7-1 vmware workstation 8.0.2. Steps to install vmware workstation to access ESX machine 1- sh vmware name.bundle 2- setup started and completed with out any warning. 3- when i type "vmware " then "VMware Module Updater Started" and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engrtahir2007
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Found a Sun Ultra 10 Elite3D workstation, and it boots to a login screen. How can I reset the OS?

I just got moved to a new office building, and as I was unpacking my stuff I saw an odd tower PC in the nearby recycling heap. It turned out to be a Sun Ultra 10 Elite3D workstation, complete with keyboard, mouse, and monster-sized CRT with the wacky Sun video cable. I just set everything up and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wowbobwow
4 Replies

9. AIX

Please help: workstation broken?

I have buy an used Workstation intellistation power5 IBM. But doesn't work. How to turn on? I try to connect network asmi take the ip ping is ok telnet ok but if i try to connect to a browser give me timeout The display give me a yellow sign ! and error B150F22A Someone can help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies
WSCONS(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						 WSCONS(9)

NAME
wscons -- machine-independent console support DESCRIPTION
The wscons driver provides a machine-independent framework for workstation consoles. It consists of several cooperating modules: o display adapters (see wsdisplay(9)) o keyboards (see wskbd(9)) o pointers and mice (see wsmouse(9)) o input event multiplexor o font handling (see wsfont(9)) o terminal emulation (see wsdisplay(9)) The wscons framework replaces the old rcons workstation framework and the various machine-dependent console implementations. CODE REFERENCES
The wscons subsystem is implemented within the directory sys/dev/wscons. SEE ALSO
wscons(4), cons(9), driver(9), intro(9), wsdisplay(9), wsfont(9), wskbd(9), wsmouse(9) BSD
October 7, 2001 BSD