Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Debian aptitude - apt-get problem Post 28203 by mikek147 on Sunday 15th of September 2002 08:13:25 AM
Old 09-15-2002
I found a work around by adding the line "Debug::NoLocking" to /etc/apt/apt.conf. This allowed me to do the upgrade. I also found out about this bug. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem now or in the future. -mk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in new debian installation

Hi All, I have insatll one debian OS and facing the following the problems: 1. I want that when i type http://ip.address/wecome.html it should show my welcome.html page. but i am unabe to do rather i am abe to do by following http://ip.address/cgi-bin/welcome.html 2. i am unable to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauri_agr
5 Replies

2. Programming

Problem using Java Native Interface on Debian

Hi all, First visit to this forum, hope I've chosen an appropriate place to post this. I have a Java-based application that uses native C++ libraries (built with g++-4.0) for specialized, computation-intensive routines. Within the native code, I need to catch exceptions thrown inside... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: QED
0 Replies

3. Debian

Problem installing debian 4.0 on hp dl380 G5

ello all.. I really have a big problem installing debian 4.0 on HP dl380 G5 ,2 74 sScsi in raid 1 (mirror), after all selected options, it's freezes on getting files 125 of 125 and stops on 5% of the installation. I've try with different cd's and cd-roms so that's not the problem! Can someone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: res5it
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Debian (ubuntu) file problem after ftp

Hi, I am using Debian (ubuntu). whenever I ftp file from Windows to Debian, the file is being shown as DOS while editing in vi. The control characters are not visible and I couldn't remove the '^M' character. So please help me how to make it Linux specific file to use it for Linux specific tasks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with scripting APT / dpkg in Debian 4

Hello, I am attempting to write a (bash) shell script that will do some basic reporting based on the APT utilities and dpkg. I need the following in the report: Packages installed (COLUMNS=200 dpkg -l | grep '/^ii/' > packages_installed) Packages not installed I suppose that I can do ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orspain
0 Replies

6. Linux

GPG error on Debian 4 using apt-get

Hello, I wish to update a debian 4.0 server we have but cannot get past the following error message. my keys are as follows: Any help would be good. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

apt vs aptitude little tutorial

Hi all I dont know if this is right place but I saw somewhere dd tutorial so I decidet to write a little tutorial about debian package manager. I hope this will clear some misundersands about it, maybe somewher i will be wrong or somebody could explain it better so any comments are welcomed. Many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Aptitude removes all packages

Hi Team, Please find below error. I got this after i done something in aptitude. Actually i was trying to update all packages, but unfortunately I removed all packages. Now my server is down. When i boot it gives me me errors of missing .so files. Is there any way to repair my server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
2 Replies

9. Programming

problem compiling with gfortran in two different debian releases

Hello, I hope this is the correct forum for this post. I have the following problem: A Fortran 77 program that has to deal with several large matrices (each approx. 5000 x 5000) and uses lapack and blas subroutines has been correctly compiled and executed using Debian Etch. When I tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: currix
1 Replies

10. Debian

Linux, Debian - Segmentation Fault problem.

Hi guys, first of all apologize for my English... I have a big problem with "Segmentation fault", when running my game server. Console: (gdb) bt full #0 0x0000000000000000 in ?? () No symbol table info available. #1 0x00007ffff702aca4 in std::basic_ostream<char,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arson.
1 Replies
apt(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    apt(8)

NAME
apt - Advanced Package Tool SYNOPSIS
apt DESCRIPTION
APT is a management system for software packages. For normal day to day package management there are several frontends available, such as aptitude(8) for the command line or synaptic(8) for the X Window System. Some options are only implemented in apt-get(8) though. SEE ALSO
apt-cache(8), apt-get(8), apt.conf(5), sources.list(5), apt_preferences(5), apt-secure(8) DIAGNOSTICS
apt returns zero on normal operation, decimal 100 on error. BUGS
This manpage isn't even started. See <http://bugs.debian.org/apt>. If you wish to report a bug in apt, please see /usr/share/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt or the report- bug(1) command. AUTHOR
apt was written by the APT team <apt@packages.debian.org>. Debian 16 June 1998 apt(8)