Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FreeBSD 4.6 Video Settings for Xwindows Post 28175 by charlie499 on Saturday 14th of September 2002 03:07:22 AM
Old 09-14-2002
Hi

Is this the most stupid question, that's why everybody ignored it?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xwindows will not start with FreeBSD 4.2

I have tried to start X windonws using the startx command. It fails. the error message I receive is: warning: 'fonts.dir' not found (or not valid) in "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/font/local". Entry deleted from font path (Run 'mkfontdir' on "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local) xf86Openconsole: KDEABOP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanderer00
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

New FreeBSD User....Xwindows Problem

Hi, would anybody kindly help me as I am new in FreeBSD 4.4 (downloaded iso image from FreeBSD.org) and have installed it to an HP VEctra Pentium 1-166Mhz PC, have installled all the devices mouse,video card,monitor and some ports specifically to Xfree86 and all gnome related to "X" but when I type... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie499
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal Video Settings

I am not a Solaris (Unix) guy so i need help. I am trying to get a Sun Ultra 5 running Solaris 8 to display the correct video for my KVM switch. I have set the CDE to 1024x768x75 and have no problem with video using this setting in CDE. When I shut down the server or boot up the server it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchyzm
4 Replies

4. Solaris

video adapter settings

Hi Please help to set the video adapter resolution, frequency. By default the frequency is 66Hz, 61 kHz, and the resolution 1024*768. Can I set different values. We use Solaris WS, SPARC. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrey Malishev
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Video Cards :: Video Memory Intercept and Redirect

I need a broad spectrum understanding on this subject, and any help would be greatly appreciated. First of all, as I understand it... The way the video hardware works is the CPU sends information about input and possible changes to the display, the video card receives these changes, makes the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciNG
2 Replies
XltWorking(3X)															    XltWorking(3X)

NAME
XltWorking - Convenience function to display a Working dialog, and update the bar graph in the dialog. SYNOPSIS
#include <Xlt/Xlt.h> Boolean XltWorking(widget, question, percent_done) Widget widget; String question; int percentdone; DESCRIPTION
XltWorking Creates a dialog containing a message string, a bar showing the percentage of the task complete, and an abort button. When called with a percent_done value of zero the dialog is managed, and a timer installed to update the bar every second. If question is not NULL, the message string in the dialog is set to this. When called with a percent_done of 100, the dialog is un-managed. If called with a percent_done of -1, only the message is changed. Any value between 0 and 100 will cause the bar graph to be updated the next time the timer fires, and processes any pending timer and X events. If the return value is True, the user has requested that the task should be aborted. widget The widget to wait for. question The message to display in the working dialog. Or NULL, meaning no change. percent_done The percentage of the task complete. 0 will cause the dialog to be managed. 100 will cause the dialog to be un-managed. -1 will update the question only. Any value between 0 and 100 will update the bar graph. RETURN VALUE
Boolean, if True the abort button was pushed, or the window was closed by the window manager. RELATED INFORMATION
XltWorking(3X)