Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Apple OS X (10.2) Jaguar and the Rendezvous Protocol Post 28030 by auswipe on Wednesday 11th of September 2002 12:51:47 PM
Old 09-11-2002
Re: Apple OS X (10.2) Jaguar and the Rendezvous Protocol

Quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Apple launches new software

I'm about to change over my desktop office environment to Apple!!! This is getting very interesting.

Congratulations to Apple!!!! We Love Ya!!!!

PS: PLEASE LOWER YOUR PRICES ON SOFTWARE AND WE WILL LOVE YOU MUCH MORE Smilie
Don't you mean hardware? Smilie

What was the impetus to change? I'm too cheap for Apple hardware. I have played around with OSX just enough to write some awk and perl scripts and actually see an Apple OS with a command line.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Swap Optimizing examples (Example for Os X.2 jAGUAR-FreeBsd)

Hi.. I have search how to optimize and configure Swap file into another partition on Jaguar. The steps are in french (for this moment and the next thread will be in US) . How to delocalize and Configuring your Swap under OS X Jaguar (server+Client) .How to configure your partition size... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hoozone
3 Replies
I2M19058(1)							     GNU Info							       I2M19058(1)

NAME
ift-extract.info - ift-extract.info Built-in iSight firmware extractor and patcher ift-extract extract the Built-in iSight firmware from Apple driver and patch it to avoid some bugs in it. The firmware is then ready to get loaded into the chip using ift-load. * Menu: Finding the Apple driver: see "Driver" Command line options: see "Options" See also "Copying" 1 Finding the Apple driver ift-extract extract Built-in iSight firmware from Apple iSight driver. This driver is located at /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleUSBVideoSupport on your Mac OS X root partition. There is several version of this driver depending on driver version or host architecture (PowerPC or x86). Thus, ift-extract must determine know the variant of the driver in order to properly extract the firmware. Any AppleUSBVideoSupport file starting with those shipped with iMac G5 iSight must work. If not, please report unknown AppleUSBVideoSupport at bugreport mail address with machine type and OS X version. 2 Command line options `-a' `--apple-driver' Apple driver filename where to extract the firmware. `-d' `--output-directory' The directory where to output the firmware. Defaults to /lib/firmware. `-f' `--output-filename' The output firmware name. Defaults to isight.fw `-?' `--help' Shows option help and quit. Since ift-extract defaults to output the firmware to /lib/firmware/isight.fw, ensure you have the right to do so. 3 Copying isight-firmware-tools is a project developped by A~Xtienne Bersac based on the work of Ronald S. Bultje, Johannes Berg and Ivan N. Zlatev. This manual has been written by A~Xtienne Bersac. Copyright (C) 2007 A~Xtienne Bersac <bersace@gmail.com> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-09 I2M19058(1)