Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mini Shell in C
Top Forums Programming Mini Shell in C Post 2798 by passat on Tuesday 5th of June 2001 01:31:37 PM
Old 06-05-2001
Mini Shell in C

Hi Everyone,
I am a student learning C and Unix. I want to create a shell in C
which accepts command line arguments and executes them.
I am not sure how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

This User Gave Thanks to passat For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

mini digi-cam

hey guys! I am on a fedora core2 i686 with gui and I have a miniture cool-cam which is digital.. it connects through regular usb.. the system recognizes it and the when I go into the desktop peripheral and go to camera it gives name and tells test was successful.. it also says that the camera has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mini distribution

Maybe someone knows floppy distribution with which I could connect to the internet and browse sites. THanks for answers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vilmis
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mini shell programming (help)

Hi All, Well i m a taking an operating system course (newbie to unix) we have studied till now: the fork () execv() the teacher asked us to create a mini shell that execute a user command: cmd1 he said everything in is optional we can use any combination Well dudes , i m really... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ELECTRO
2 Replies

4. Programming

Some questions for mini game

Hello fellow programmers!:) First of all excuse me for my English, i am from abroad... I am trying to learn the C++ programming language as it is one of the most basic languages.So,instead of just creating small examples for each feature(like class,input/output etc), I decided to create a mini... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mini Project

Hi Experts, I'm a newbie.....just now i started to write some simple scripts on my own. Can anyone suggest me any simple project kind of stuff to hone my SHELL SCRIPTING skills....which involves database connection and more than that.....bcoz i already tried to write a script which connects to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in a mini project

Hi All, I want to make something like described below - "Double click on an executable file that will check the health status and other things of various linux servers and send an email to a list of people." I can make shell scripts for individual servers but how to make a script that will check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csrohit
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Thompson MSH(mini-shell)

Hi Guys! Recently, I disassemble the MSH. And reconstructed. I thought maybe somebody wants to see looked like a second shell. In practice, the most ancient shell. It is written in assembler (AT&T). Owner Ken Thompson, Dennis Ritchie. mov $parbuf,r1 mov $parp,r2 clr r3 jsr pc,blank... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLbS
0 Replies
CGRULES.CONF(5) 						 libcgroup Manual						   CGRULES.CONF(5)

NAME
cgrules.conf - libcgroup configuration file DESCRIPTION
cgrules.conf configuration file is used by libcgroups to define control groups to which a process belongs. The file contains a list of rules which assign to a defined group/user a control group in a subsystem (or control groups in subsystems). Rules have two formats: <user> <controllers> <destination> <user>:<process name> <controllers> <destination> Where: user can be: - a user name - a group name with @group syntax - the wildcard '*', for any user or group - '%', which is equivalent to "ditto" (useful for multi-line rules where different cgroups need to be specified for various hierarchies for a single user) process name is optional and it can be: - a process name - a full command path of a process controllers can be: - comma separated controller names (no spaces) or - * (for all mounted controllers) destination can be: - path relative to the controller hierarchy (ex. pgrp1/gid1/uid1) - following strings will get expanded %u username, uid if name resolving fails %U uid %g group name, gid if name resolving fails %G gid %p process name, pid if name not available %P pid '' can be used to escape '%' First rule which matches the criteria will be executed. Any text starting with '#' is considered as a start of comment line and is ignored. EXAMPLES
student devices /usergroup/students Student's processes in the 'devices' subsystem belong to the control group /usergroup/students. student:cp devices /usergroup/students/cp When student executes 'cp' command, the processes in the 'devices' subsystem belong to the control group /usergroup/students/cp. @admin * admingroup/ Processes started by anybody from admin group no matter in what subsystem belong to the control group admingroup/. peter cpu test1/ % memory test2/ The first line says Peter's task for cpu controller belongs to test1 control group. The second one says Peter's tasks for memory controller belong to test2/ control group. * * default/ All processes in any subsystem belong to the control group default/. Since the earliest matched rule is applied, it makes sense to have this line at the end of the list. It will put a task which was not mentioned in the previous rules to default/ control group. FILES
/etc/cgrules.conf default libcgroup configuration file SEE ALSO
cgconfig.conf (5), cgclassify (1), cgred.conf (5) BUGS
Linux 2009-03-10 CGRULES.CONF(5)