Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: trying to use mount command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers trying to use mount command Post 27928 by fishman2001 on Monday 9th of September 2002 11:07:40 PM
Old 09-10-2002
trying to use mount command

Im simply trying to use the mount command to map a shared drive from one unix box to another

mount 192.168.1.101:/export/home /export/home

but complains that the command is "nfs mount: 192.168.1.101: : RPC: Program not registered"

what can I do about this if anything

thanks in advance for responses

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pwd Command and NIS mount points

I am running NIS, NFS and automount. If I execute % cd /xyz/data1 % pwd I get different results depending on the operating system. On SGI running Irix 6.5.x pwd returns /xyz/data1 On Redhat Linux 7.3 pwd returns /xyz/data1 BUT On Tru64 UNIX the pwd command returns... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agreenwo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using the mount command to connect to a windows share

Until recently I have been using the following command successfully to connect to a windows share: mount -t smbfs -o username=my_username,password=my_password /home/temp //oldserverx1/openexchange But from today, I've been getting the following error: INFO: Debug class all level = 1 (pid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cw1972
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount Command

For this command: mount -F UFS -o rw,remount /usr mount -F UFS -o ro,remount /usr -- doesn't work for me (read only mode). Frankly speaking, I've only been able to remount for read/write (rw). I've always had to reboot the system for read only (ro) to take effect. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esofthub
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount command

hi can you tell mount command which mount my windows c drives on my linux machine my windows file system is vfat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munnu
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to check the options used in mount command

hi , I want to check that what options i have used in mount command ... or what switches i have used while mounting .. is there any method to check ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tahir23
1 Replies

7. AIX

mount command for AIX server

Hi Guys,, I am newbie to administration.. I like to mount one directory from one server to another server. Both the servers are AIX. Could you please give me the syntax for the mount command? Thanks For your help in advance, Regards, Magesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Mount command doesn't work on Solaris System

Hi All, I am using a solaris Sun-Fire-V440 server. The OS is solaris. My problem is whenever I run the command mount | grep "^/ " | sed -e 's,^.*dsk/\(*\).*$,\1,' it should return a disk value as "d30" as it does on each of my other servers.But on this server I am not getting any o/p from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.goel.piet
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with command mount

Hi, I have a problem with the command mount with a password with special character mount -t smbfs '//itransfert_cs:password@IP/itransfert/1-Arrivees/Vers_K2' /share the password contain a * and a @ I try to quote but don't work, replace the @ with %40 and try to escape with \ but... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: protocomm
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Passing User Credentials with Mount Command

My HP-UX server currently mounts a directory on a Windows 2012 server. The Windows server allows anonymous connections for RW and this configuration has worked well for years. Now, due to tightening security requirements I can't use anonymous. I also can't setup Identity Mapping on the Windows... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jduehmig
5 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. mount.nfs4 is used for mounting NFSv4 file system, while mount.nfs is used to mount NFS file systems versions 3 or 2. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)