Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Windows XP Professional and FreeBSD Post 27849 by cerberusofhate on Sunday 8th of September 2002 04:37:22 PM
Old 09-08-2002
'man mount'. Basically, you want to mount your winblowz XP partition in an empty directory. Depending on whether the fs type is fat32 or ntfs, you may have a slight problem. ntfs support is only read-only.
cerberusofhate

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any Professional Help me in this ?

Hello Here i got a problem, i bought new 40GB hard disk today, i made it as Primary Slave, No when i install Solaris, it says disk need fdisk to make solaris partition, but it does not say which disk need partition, i mean i have two disks, how i suppose to know which disk this will partition,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access FreeBSD (BSD) partition from Windows NT/2000/XP

Hello, I have already installed FreeBSD into my hard disk. In one partition I have Windows 2000, and on another FreeBSD. I can access Windows partition from FreeBSD, but is there any way to access FreeBSD partition from Windows? I know how to access Linux (ext/ext2) partition from Win, there is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aoidas
9 Replies

3. Programming

how to create freeBSD binaries in Linux or Windows

I have a trouble: i cannot install and use freeBSD for some reasons(have no computer now, and comps on my work are Windowsed), but I need to compile some UNIX sources for freeBSD(this one: http://ppcpp.sf.net/). What can I do? Are there a compilers, that can run in Windows, but can compile binaries... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: szzz
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm looking for a 64-bit Desktop that will run Windows, Linspire, FreeBSD and Solaris

Ok, I've been shopping around and I've seen some nice one's, but they are either too expensive or they are not 64-bit; I want to be prepared for the future at the right price (under $3,000 with a decent configuration)! :D Where can I find a good 64-bit desktop or workstation that will run the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Nice Guy
0 Replies

5. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How do I remove FreeBSD to boot from Windows CD?

Just got free laptop w/FreeBSD. Won't boot from CD, only boots into FreeBsd. I need to install Windows, what do I do?:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laforg
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Graphically connect RHEL server from Windows 7 Professional

I want to connect RHEL server from my windows 7 Professional machine graphically. I logged into 1 RHEL server with IP, 10.101.17.80 using Putty from my Windows 7 professional machine. Now from this server, 10.101.17.80, I want to connect to another RHEL server 10.101.17.79. I used, ssh -X... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RHCE
1 Replies
File::HomeDir::Windows(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 File::HomeDir::Windows(3)

NAME
File::HomeDir::Windows - Find your home and other directories on Windows SYNOPSIS
use File::HomeDir; # Find directories for the current user (eg. using Windows XP Professional) $home = File::HomeDir->my_home; # C:Documents and Settingsmylogin $desktop = File::HomeDir->my_desktop; # C:Documents and SettingsmyloginDesktop $docs = File::HomeDir->my_documents; # C:Documents and SettingsmyloginMy Documents $music = File::HomeDir->my_music; # C:Documents and SettingsmyloginMy DocumentsMy Music $pics = File::HomeDir->my_pictures; # C:Documents and SettingsmyloginMy DocumentsMy Pictures $videos = File::HomeDir->my_videos; # C:Documents and SettingsmyloginMy DocumentsMy Video $data = File::HomeDir->my_data; # C:Documents and SettingsmyloginLocal SettingsApplication Data DESCRIPTION
This module provides Windows-specific implementations for determining common user directories. In normal usage this module will always be used via File::HomeDir. Internally this module will use Win32::GetFolderPath to fetch the location of your directories. As a result of this, in certain unusual situations (usually found inside large organisations) the methods may return UNC paths such as "\cifs.localhome$". If your application runs on Windows and you want to have it work comprehensively everywhere, you may need to implement your own handling for these paths as they can cause strange behaviour. For example, stat calls to UNC paths may work but block for several seconds, but opendir() may not be able to read any files (creating the appearance of an existing but empty directory). To avoid complicating the problem any further, in the rare situation that a UNC path is returned by "GetFolderPath" the usual -d validation checks will not be done. SUPPORT
See the support section the main File::HomeDir module. AUTHORS
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
File::HomeDir, File::HomeDir::Win32 (legacy) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. Some parts copyright 2000 Sean M. Burke. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2012-10-19 File::HomeDir::Windows(3)