Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mandrake
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mandrake Post 27829 by vinchi007 on Saturday 7th of September 2002 06:04:51 PM
Old 09-07-2002
you don't need to use part magic, the mandrake like redhat has the partition program for that. Just don't make any mistakes, if that's your first time installing mandrake, I would recomend being cautious, and don't delete your windows partition by mistake.

Aks everything you don't know, and since you get it in the store or on the web, don't forget you get the tech support from the company if I'm not mistaken. Cause I downloaded mine off the net for free.

If you got high speed connection get it off their ftp servers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mandrake 8.1

Hi all, I have copied three .ISO files for Mandrake 8.1 from a Linux DVD onto my work LAN. They are: Mandrake81-cd1-inst.I586.iso Mandrake81-cd2-ext.I586.iso Mandrake81-cd3-supp.I586.isoThey're all +650M in size and I'd like to know what I need to do in order to create the three CD's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake 7.0 and X

I have problems. I have to use Mandrake 7.0 for a college course and I have it installed and I can do all the command line stuff, but I want to get to the GUI. Problem is, I can't start X. SO, after doing some searching on google, I downloaded XFree86 4.0.1 and the latest driver for my video... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake and os X

can i run mac os X stuff in mandrake? on a intel computer? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mandrake question

Hi, I recently started running Mandrake Linux with the KDE desktop. Today instead of starting up the desktop, it stayed at the command prompt. What is the linux command for starting the KDE environment? Thanks alot! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luke314pi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mandrake 7.2 Installation

Hi all, I'm waiting (impatiently) for the Mandrake 9.0 CD's to arrive. I have scored Man 7.2 and wish to meet the Penguin straight away. So, I changed my BIOS to boot from CD and got underway but it only picked up my Windows hard drives (seperate physical drives). I have a third hard drive... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: onestepto
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help mandrake os

my hdd root dir keeps dumping on me but when i install i use native linux format i i lost again yesterday is there a recovery methead? or a safe mode that i can go into ? i made a boot disk is it wise to let the formater program to auto alcate? give me a 5gb root drive and a 37gb home i relly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake 10

i just got mandrake 10 and i installed xine the latest why does it crash my xserver and how do i fix this problem in mandrake 8 - 9.2 i had no problmes with xine until now with 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2004
2 Replies

8. SuSE

mandrake problem

ihave mandrake 9.2 (will upgrade soon to 10) but anyways, i can't get the Hard drive or the CD-ROM or Floppy to show up on the desktop. can anyone help me out? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_newbe
11 Replies

9. Linux

mandrake

I just installed mandrake 9.2, and all I want right now is for gaim to allow me to use msn.. The version I got now is 0.59.? and I have tried to get the latest version but when I downloaded the rpm it said that there were errors... can someone help... for my rpm packaging I have went to Urpmi and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flimzzy
3 Replies

10. Linux

anyone familiar with mandrake? :D

I am using Mandrake 10.1 and I was trying to use K3B to burn my files to CD. Well, I configured the recorder speed to 48X, however when I try to burn a cd, the program gets stuck and return an error 252 or something. I searched the forum and in there somewhere people mentioned about turning on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jace
2 Replies
SUNLABEL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       SUNLABEL(8)

NAME
sunlabel -- read or modify a SunOS disk label SYNOPSIS
sunlabel [-mnqs] device DESCRIPTION
sunlabel reads or modifies a SunOS disk label on device, which is used by the PROM on NetBSD/sparc hardware to find partitions to boot from. sunlabel only reads/writes the first 512 bytes of device. The supported options are: -m Ignore an incorrect magic number in the disk label. -n Synthesize a new label rather than reading what is there. -q Quiet mode - don't print unnecessary babble (currently this suppresses the ``sunlabel>'' prompt). -s Ignore checksum errors when reading the label. Note that -m is dangerous, especially when combined with -s, since it will then happily believe whatever garbage it may find in the label. When using these flags, all values should be checked carefully, both those printed by L and the partition table printed by P. sunlabel prints a prompt ``sunlabel>'' and expects commands. The following commands are understood: ? Show a short help message. [abcdefghijklmnop] <cylno> <size> Change partition (see below). L Print label, except for the partition table. P Print the partition table. Q Quit program (error if no write since last change). Q! Quit program (unconditionally) [EOF also quits]. S Set label in the kernel (orthogonal to W). V <name> <value> Change a non-partition label value. W Write (possibly modified) label out. The a through p commands will accept, for the <size> parameter, the nnn/nnn/nnn syntax used by SunOS 4.x format. (For those not familiar with this syntax, a/b/c means a cylinders + b tracks + c sectors. For example, if the disk has 16 tracks of 32 sectors, 3/4/5 means (3*16*32)+(4*32)+5=1669. This calculation always uses the nsect and ntrack values as printed by the L command; in particular, if they are zero (which they will initially be if -n is used), this syntax is not very useful. Some additional strings are accepted. For the <cylno> parameter, ``end-X'' (where X is a partition letter) indicates that the partition should start with the first free cylinder after partition X; ``start-X'' indicates that the partition should start at the same place as partition X. For the <size> parameter, ``end-X'' indicates that the partition should end at the same place as partition X (even if partition X ends partway through a cylinder); ``start-X'' indicates that the partition should end with the last cylinder before partition X; and ``size-X'' means that the partition's size should exactly match partition X's size. Note that sunlabel supports 16 partitions. SunOS supports only 8. Labels written by sunlabel, when partitions i through p are all set offset=0 size=0, are identical to Sun labels. If any of the ``extended'' partitions are nontrivial, information about them is tucked into some otherwise unused space in the Sun label format. The V command changes fields printed by the L command. For example, if the L command prints ascii: ST15230N cyl 5657 alt 2 hd 19 sec 78 rpm: 0 pcyl: 0 apc: 0 obs1: 0 obs2: 0 intrlv: 1 ncyl: 5657 acyl: 0 nhead: 19 nsect: 78 obs3: 0 obs4: 0 then V ncyl 6204 would set the ncyl value to 6204, or V ascii Seagate ST15230N cyl 5657 hd 19 sec varying would set the ascii-label string to that string. sunlabel performs very few consistency checks on the values you supply, and the ones it does perform never generate errors, only warnings. AUTHORS
der Mouse <mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca> BUGS
It may be that the space in the label where the information for the extended partitions is saved is used by SunOS. Not very many consistency checks are done on the V arguments, and those only produce warnings. NetBSD doesn't support 16 partitions in a Sun disk label yet. BSD
December 21, 2002 BSD