Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 8 CDE gone?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris 8 CDE gone? Post 27791 by cluettr on Friday 6th of September 2002 04:16:53 PM
Old 09-06-2002
A roboot fixed it guys...not sure why it needed to be done twice, but it fixed it. Anyone have a good vi editor reference on the net that you could direct me to?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Solaris 8, RPC, and CDE need some help.

I just installed Solaris 8 on an Intel based PC and am in the process of securing it. When I disable RPC my CDE desktop does not show up. I get my mouse cursor and a black screen. Also, anyone know how to disable SMC on Solaris 8. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beauford
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

doubt in Solaris CDE

Hi all, I have a couple of doubts with Solaris CDE(i use 2.6) 1. Is it possible to customize my mouse pointer in the CDE environment? im wondering how i can change the mouse pointer, say to a different bitmap or something like that.? 2. Is it possible to use a jpeg as a backdrop? Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandanmv
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDE in Solaris

I was wondering, if I boot up a Solaris box and the CDE does not come up by default when I log in, does that mean that the box has a GUI at all? If that is the case, where can I download CDE from? I am accustomed to RedHat and Windows, so unfortunately Solaris throws me off a little bit. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jody
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Installation CDE Error

Deard all, I installed Solaris 8 in a SUN machine, and after Solaris and Language modules installed, the result is that CDE is not working, also single user mode is only available. I tried with all init stages and the same result. Can someone advice me what to check (Some log file) or what to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmviejo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris 10 install now no cde

Hi : I installed solaris 10 on a sparc machine. now I get no cde desktop and do not know how to start it? Any ideas would be appriciated. Thanks Alan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanj4
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How to start CDE for non root user on Solaris 10

Hi, How can I start CDE for non root user created.For root CDE is working fine but for non root user CDE exits back to login screen after trying for some time.Also I cant see .dt and .dtprofile files in the users home directory.How can I create them.Kindly help. Thanks & Regards, Kiran. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranherekar
1 Replies

7. Solaris

CDE Issue In Solaris 10

Hi All, I have solaris 10 on X86 and I need to connect this through X-Manager or similar software. I have googled a lot and tried the following : root@sol10x86 # ps -ef |grep dtlogin root 1825 4718 0 13:38:50 pts/1 0:00 grep dtlogin root@sol10x86 # svcs cde-login STATE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintu_asim
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 CDE hang issue

Hi, I am facing some issues on Solaris 10 (SPARC 5.10 Generic_118833-36). The issue is when I try to connect/login through CDE it hangs (hangs at login screen). I tried connecting thourgh VNC client also but that also not helped. I had done no configuration change or modified any kernel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgupta
2 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 8 CDE Problem

All, I'm running Solaris 8 on a Sparcbook. One of my users, when logging in, defaults to Open Windows desktop rather than CDE. All other users get logged into CDE just fine. Is there a file or something that tells the system what default login is? I'm confused as to why it's just for this one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leosmith78
4 Replies
fixdiv(3alleg4) 						  Allegro manual						   fixdiv(3alleg4)

NAME
fixdiv - Fixed point division. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> fixed fixdiv(fixed x, fixed y); DESCRIPTION
A fixed point value can be divided by an integer with the normal `/' operator. To divide two fixed point values, though, you must use this function. If a division by zero occurs, `errno' will be set and the maximum possible value will be returned, but `errno' is not cleared if the operation is successful. This means that if you are going to test for division by zero you should set `errno=0' before calling fix- div(). Example: fixed result; /* This will put 0.06060 `result'. */ result = fixdiv(itofix(2), itofix(33)); /* This will put 0 into `result'. */ result = fixdiv(0, itofix(-30)); /* Sets `errno' and puts -32768 into `result'. */ result = fixdiv(itofix(-100), itofix(0)); ASSERT(!errno); /* This will fail. */ RETURN VALUE
Returns the result of dividing `x' by `y'. If `y' is zero, returns the maximum possible fixed point value and sets `errno' to ERANGE. SEE ALSO
fixadd(3alleg4), fixsub(3alleg4), fixmul(3alleg4), exfixed(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 fixdiv(3alleg4)