Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Personal Firewall
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Personal Firewall Post 2774 by marrow on Saturday 2nd of June 2001 08:32:52 PM
Old 06-02-2001
Question Personal Firewall

I recently install SuSE Linux 7.1 and I am trying to configure the personal firewall script. I followed the directions and at startup and it does not initialize. The docs said to edit two files: rc.config and firewall.rc.config. I only had to add "yes" to FW_START in rc.config and eth0 to FW_DEV_WORLD in firewall.rc.config.

It is supposed to run at start up. How do you run these manually to test?

TIA

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Personal Security

How can I be assured that my machine is secure against buffer overflows, remote packet sniffing, and brute force attacks? Why does the internet have to be so scary? Why can't we all just get along? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeTheGuy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up a personal FTP

Ok guys, i dont need a detailed guide from you guys if you dont want to give me one, but i would appreciate maybe a link to a newb step by step guide on how to create your own ftp :) Thanks alot! Jason (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: gearshifter
19 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Download Free personal firewallls

Does anyone know where I can get free firewalls for windows XP PRO?:confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: computek
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Coloring personal text in vim

Hi, I want to color some personal text, such as my own name in vim editor. Can anyone tell me how this is done. Thanks, Sathya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skkrish2
1 Replies
FIRESTARTER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FIRESTARTER(8)

NAME
firestarter - program to manage and observe firewalls SYNOPSIS
firestarter [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the firestarter command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in html format (see below). firestarter is a GNOME program that will help you in configuring and monitoring a GNU/Linux firewall using either ipchains or iptables. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --generate-scripts Generate firewall scripts from current configuration. If firestarter is updated and you don't want to run the GUI, the scripts in /etc/firestarter are not up-to-date. So you have to run firestarter with this option to update the scripts. -h, --help Show summary of options. --lock Lock the firewall, blocking all traffic. -p, --stop Stop the firewall. -s, --start Start the firewall. --start-hidden Start firestarter with the GUI not visible. -v, --version Show version of program. SEE ALSO
This program is fully documented in http://www.fs-security.com/docs/. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ryan M. Golbeck <rmgolbeck@debian.org> and later revised by Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> and Yann Ver- ley <yann.verley@free.fr> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). November 26, 2004 FIRESTARTER(8)