Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mandrake
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mandrake Post 27739 by wolk on Thursday 5th of September 2002 08:49:08 PM
Old 09-05-2002
U can use FIPS it is tini little thing and will move the win98/95 for U, so you will get some space for your Mandrake.
Generaly wich win are u using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mandrake 8.1

Hi all, I have copied three .ISO files for Mandrake 8.1 from a Linux DVD onto my work LAN. They are: Mandrake81-cd1-inst.I586.iso Mandrake81-cd2-ext.I586.iso Mandrake81-cd3-supp.I586.isoThey're all +650M in size and I'd like to know what I need to do in order to create the three CD's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake 7.0 and X

I have problems. I have to use Mandrake 7.0 for a college course and I have it installed and I can do all the command line stuff, but I want to get to the GUI. Problem is, I can't start X. SO, after doing some searching on google, I downloaded XFree86 4.0.1 and the latest driver for my video... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake and os X

can i run mac os X stuff in mandrake? on a intel computer? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mandrake question

Hi, I recently started running Mandrake Linux with the KDE desktop. Today instead of starting up the desktop, it stayed at the command prompt. What is the linux command for starting the KDE environment? Thanks alot! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luke314pi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mandrake 7.2 Installation

Hi all, I'm waiting (impatiently) for the Mandrake 9.0 CD's to arrive. I have scored Man 7.2 and wish to meet the Penguin straight away. So, I changed my BIOS to boot from CD and got underway but it only picked up my Windows hard drives (seperate physical drives). I have a third hard drive... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: onestepto
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help mandrake os

my hdd root dir keeps dumping on me but when i install i use native linux format i i lost again yesterday is there a recovery methead? or a safe mode that i can go into ? i made a boot disk is it wise to let the formater program to auto alcate? give me a 5gb root drive and a 37gb home i relly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake 10

i just got mandrake 10 and i installed xine the latest why does it crash my xserver and how do i fix this problem in mandrake 8 - 9.2 i had no problmes with xine until now with 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2004
2 Replies

8. SuSE

mandrake problem

ihave mandrake 9.2 (will upgrade soon to 10) but anyways, i can't get the Hard drive or the CD-ROM or Floppy to show up on the desktop. can anyone help me out? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_newbe
11 Replies

9. Linux

mandrake

I just installed mandrake 9.2, and all I want right now is for gaim to allow me to use msn.. The version I got now is 0.59.? and I have tried to get the latest version but when I downloaded the rpm it said that there were errors... can someone help... for my rpm packaging I have went to Urpmi and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flimzzy
3 Replies

10. Linux

anyone familiar with mandrake? :D

I am using Mandrake 10.1 and I was trying to use K3B to burn my files to CD. Well, I configured the recorder speed to 48X, however when I try to burn a cd, the program gets stuck and return an error 252 or something. I searched the forum and in there somewhere people mentioned about turning on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jace
2 Replies
CURSES(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 CURSES(3)

NAME
curses_cursor, getcury, getcurx, getyx, getbegy, getbegx, getbegyx, getmaxy, getmaxx, getmaxyx, getpary, getparx, getparyx, move, wmove, mvcur, wcursyncup -- curses cursor and window location and positioning routines LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses, -lcurses) SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int getcury(WINDOW *win); int getcurx(WINDOW *win); void getyx(WINDOW *win, int y, int x); int getbegy(WINDOW *win); int getbegx(WINDOW *win); void getbegyx(WINDOW *win, int y, int x); int getmaxy(WINDOW *win); int getmaxx(WINDOW *win); void getmaxyx(WINDOW *win, int y, int x); int getpary(WINDOW *win); int getparx(WINDOW *win); void getparyx(WINDOW *win, int y, int x); int move(int y, int x); int wmove(WINDOW *win, int y, int x); int mvcur(int oldy, int oldx, int y, int x); void wcursyncup(WINDOW *win); DESCRIPTION
These functions and macros locate and position cursors and windows. The getcury() and getcurx() functions get the current row and column positions, respectively, of the cursor in the window win. The getyx() macro sets the values of y and x to the current row and column positions of the cursor in the window win. The origin row and columns of a window win can be determined by calling the getbegy() and getbegx() functions, respectively, and the maximum row and column for the window can be found by calling the functions getmaxy() and getmaxx(), respectively. The getbegyx() and getmaxyx() macros set the values of y and x to the origin and maximum row and column positions, respectively, for the window win. The getpary() and getparx() functions return the row and column position of the given subwindow relative to the window's parent. The macro getparyx() sets the values of y and x to the origin of the subwindow relative to the window's parent. The move() function positions the cursor on the current window at the position given by y, x. The cursor position is not changed on the screen until the next refresh(). The wmove() function is the same as the move() function, excepting that the cursor is moved in the window specified by win. The function mvcur() moves the cursor to y, x on the screen. The arguments oldy, oldx define the previous cursor position for terminals that do not support absolute cursor motions. The curses library may optimise the cursor motion based on these values. If the mvcur() succeeds then the curses internal structures are updated with the new position of the cursor. If the destination arguments for mvcur() exceed the terminal bounds an error will be returned and the cursor position will be unchanged. The wcursyncup() function sets the cursor positions of all ancestors of win to that of win. RETURN VALUES
Functions returning pointers will return NULL if an error is detected. The functions that return an int will return one of the following values: OK The function completed successfully. ERR An error occurred in the function. SEE ALSO
curses_refresh(3) STANDARDS
The NetBSD Curses library complies with the X/Open Curses specification, part of the Single Unix Specification. The getbegx(), getbegy(), getcurx(), getcury(), getmaxx(), getmaxy(), getparx(), and getpary() functions are extensions. HISTORY
The Curses package appeared in 4.0BSD. BSD
February 23, 2010 BSD