Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Installation age
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix Installation age Post 27631 by ST2000 on Wednesday 4th of September 2002 01:48:40 PM
Old 09-04-2002
Unix Installation age

Hi.. Is there any way to find out when the OS was installed for a system? How can we find that out?

My system is :

IBM AIX 4.3.3 RS6000

Thanks, ST2000

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me with the installation of Unix Solaris 8

i got a burnt copy of solaris 8 which was download off of www.sun.com the person who borrowed me the 3 cds said he successfully has the solaris 8 thing installed on his pc. how come when I tried to install it on mines, I get a bunch of errors messages some of which includes words like "disk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help with UNIX installation

Hello I am new to UNIX I have no idea about its functions and commands but i am interested in learning it. I have SCO unix ver 3.2. How can i install it to co exist on a computer with Win XP (SP 2) already installed on it ? My hardware specs are P IV 1.5 Ghz, 256 MB Ram, 2 hard disks a 120... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krish2487
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ethereal installation on unix

Hi , Has any one installed ethereal on a unix machien ?? I m trying to install it on an hpux 11i machine and getting the following error * Summary of Analysis Phase: ERROR: Exclude ethereal.ethereal-RUN,r=0.10.11 ERROR: Exclude ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binums
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Basic Unix installation help

Hi, I am a novice in Unix installation. Was experimenting with it. During installation, i created 2 partitions ( what i am calling ). One for the OS which was named SOLARIS & other was named PRI_DOS. Now on completion of installation, where has my PRI_DOS portion gone. How do i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
8 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

unix installation

Hi all, I am having windows in my machine.I am beginner in unix.I dont know head and tail of unix.Can anyone tell what software I have to install in my machine.I want to run unix commands for practice.What ihave to do can anyone help me.what i ahve to install.Pls help me. Thanks, ravi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raviprakash.451
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

age utility in unix

Hi, Can anyone explain me the use of age utility and how it works? Looking forward reply... Thanks, Venkatesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix installation

Hi. Yesterday I downloaded an old Unix version - Unix System V Release 4 Version 2.1, but I don`t know how to instal it. In the folder there are DCF files (I suppose they`re some kind of data files) and CCOPY.EXE. This program is Deutch and I couldn`t understand anything. SO... How can I install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: icohim
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the age of a unix process, killing old processes, killing zombie processes

I had issues with processes locking up. This script checks for processes and kills them if they are older than a certain time. Its uses some functions you'll need to define or remove, like slog() which I use for logging, and is_running() which checks if this script is already running so you can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukerman
0 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Installation of Unix in VMWare

Hi, I want to install unix in vmware on windows 7. Is it possible. please suggest. If so were can i get the OS(unix). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlavanaykumar
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix installation

Dear friends, I am new to unix. I want to execute unix commands. i installed putty software in Windows xp but it is not working.i got a problem at host name.Dont know what is happeneing.(cursor not moving) Can i install the Unix OS and execute unix commands with out using Putty software.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakriAX
2 Replies
suninstall(1M)                                            System Administration Commands                                            suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)