Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: thread::signal
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting thread::signal Post 27578 by hhh101 on Tuesday 3rd of September 2002 10:47:51 PM
Old 09-03-2002
Error more for it

source code list:
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------
use Thread::Signal;

mkdir( "lockdir", 0755 );
$SIG{INT} = $SIG{QUIT} =
$SIG{PIPE} = $SIG{TERM} = $SIG{KILL}= \&unlock;
sub unlock
{
rmdir( $lockdir );
}
kill( 'INT', $$ );
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
but it occurs complilation error,such as:
This perl was built for "ithreads", which currently does not support Thread.pm.
Run "perldoc Thread" for more information at D:/Perl/lib/Thread.pm line 216.

how could i do?Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to cancel a thread safely from the initial thread?

how about asynchronous canceling? or with signal? if with signal whether it effects the process? my english so badly :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan.zhao
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send SIGNAL to the thread?

Hello, I have to send SIGSEGV to the thread. What is the simplest and efficient way to do that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
6 Replies

3. Programming

Parent Thread Of Child Thread

Parent Thread Of Child Thread Suppose a process creates some threads say threadC and threadD. Later on each of these threads create new child threads say threadC1, threadC2, threadC3 etc. So a tree of threads will get created. Is there any way to find out the parent thread of one such... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not able to post thread/reply to thread

Dear Moderator I am not able to post any new thread or post reply to mine old thread. Kindly help as i am stuck on one problem and needed suggestion. Regards Jaydeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies
pthread_kill(3T)														  pthread_kill(3T)

NAME
pthread_kill() - send a signal to a thread SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread Thread to which the signal is to be delivered. sig Signal to be delivered to thread. DESCRIPTION
The function is used to request that a signal be delivered to thread. The signal is asynchronously directed to thread in the calling process. The signal is handled in the context of the given thread; if the signal action results in the thread terminating or stopping, this action is applied to the whole process. If sig is zero, error checking is performed but a signal is not sent. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] sig is an invalid or unsupported signal number. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to thread. AUTHOR
was derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
kill(2), sigaction(2), pthread_self(3T), raise(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_kill(3T)