Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: win 2000
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions win 2000 Post 27571 by LivinFree on Tuesday 3rd of September 2002 09:59:13 PM
Old 09-03-2002
You're right. This is not the topic of any section of unix.com and break several of the forums "rules".

And remember - network access is a privelage, not a right. Don't abuse it for stupid reasons.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Remote shell with Win 2000

I need to use the RSH command to run a shell script on my Unix box from Win 2000. I'm using the etc/hosts.equiv file for configuring Unix. In it I have the hostname and username as required. As a test, I enter the following on the Win 2000 dos command: rsh servername -l username df -k. The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebergh
8 Replies

2. Programming

ftp a file from remote pc of win 2000

Hello. I am programming in C on HP-UNIX system,i want ftp a file from remote pc which is window 2000 system,i donot how config my HP-UNIX and pc, i donot how program in C or in shell. Thank you for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdyjm
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Win 3.1 OS

This is a bit diff. question in this forum but all of your's comments would be of great help to me. Problem is that I am using Win 3.1 version operating system on DOS. Here so many .tmp files get generated due to print commands. Can you suggest any utility which will delete all tmp files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikasdeshmukh
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

win,unix

hi, Could anyone tell me mounting windows directories in unix.I have used mount command in all directions like mounting hd00,hd1,hd2,hd3 and so on but that don't work for me Mohan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Samba to join a win 2000 Domain

I am trying to set samba up to join my windows 2000 domain and I am having troubles If anyone if familiar with this help would be greatly appreciated I issue the following command # ./smbpasswd -j DOMAIN -r DOMAINCONTROLER And the following gets returned load_client_codepage: filename... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gennaro
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Freebsd and win 2000 working 2gether?

Hi Brothers, Please, I've just purchased a new PC and I would like to have both win 2000 and freebsd in the same hard drive, ( 40GB and 128Mb ) can you please help how to set up my new hard drive , please! Thank you..... aka Polymorphous (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Polymorphous
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Win 200

I have my little one of 7 years old running win 2000 the Spanish version and we need to reinstall the OS. One major problem, we have lost the case in which the os came in. Wich means we do not have the key code to reinstall. It took me a long time just to find the os in Spanish. I have been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franruiz
2 Replies
BRK(2)								System Calls Manual							    BRK(2)

NAME
brk, sbrk, break - change core allocation SYNOPSIS
char *brk(addr) char *sbrk(incr) DESCRIPTION
Brk sets the system's idea of the lowest location not used by the program (called the break) to addr (rounded up to the next multiple of 64 bytes on the PDP11, 256 bytes on the Interdata 8/32, 512 bytes on the VAX-11/780). Locations not less than addr and below the stack pointer are not in the address space and will thus cause a memory violation if accessed. In the alternate function sbrk, incr more bytes are added to the program's data space and a pointer to the start of the new area is returned. When a program begins execution via exec the break is set at the highest location defined by the program and data storage areas. Ordinar- ily, therefore, only programs with growing data areas need to use break. SEE ALSO
exec(2), malloc(3), end(3) DIAGNOSTICS
Zero is returned if the break could be set; -1 if the program requests more memory than the system limit or if too many segmentation regis- ters would be required to implement the break. BUGS
Setting the break in the range 0177701 to 0177777 (on the PDP11) is the same as setting it to zero. ASSEMBLER
(break = 17.) sys break; addr Break performs the function of brk. The name of the routine differs from that in C for historical reasons. BRK(2)