Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: network madness
Special Forums IP Networking network madness Post 27443 by cubicle^dweller on Sunday 1st of September 2002 02:50:55 AM
Old 09-01-2002
ports ?

how do I check switch port config's ?

thanks

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Help in developing a Network Appliation to monitor pc in a network

I am developing a Network Appliation to monitor computers in a network. Specs are App monitors the current web page viewed in each system App also can shutdown the computer in the network App can show all process run by each computer in the network I am now confused how to start my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: valaparambil88
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 versions, 1 script (A tale of madness.)

So, I have a machine running solaris (x86) and it has two different versions of Math::BigInt installed on it. The older version is 1.77. The newer version is 1.87 (via activeperl). When I run my code, one of the modules I use needs at least version 1.78. Somehow, it defaults to looking at the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
5 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Interview madness

A discussion elsewhere got me thinking: What where the most insane/amusing/strange interview questions or answers you got/gave? Not overly technical stuff, but questions that made you go "Huh?" (And keeping with this forums main Idea: "No technical Q&A") I'll start... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
6 Replies

5. Solaris

configure zones to have different network interface and network

i need to configure a zone to use different interface (bge2) than global and have connected to completely different network switch & to use its own defaultrouter and hosts file .. is it possible ..if so ..how ? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
9 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

7. Solaris

No network cable But Network interface is UP and Running

I've one Netra 240 After changing main board and system configuration card reader, Network is not accessible any more, Network interfaces are always UP and Running even when there is no cable connected to Network interfaces. I tried to restart and plumb/unplumb with no luck. ifconfig -a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies
IBCACHEEDIT(8)							Open IB Diagnostics						    IBCACHEEDIT(8)

NAME
IBCACHEEDIT - edit an ibnetdiscover cache SYNOPSIS ibcacheedit [options] <orig.cache> <new.cache> DESCRIPTION ibcacheedit allows users to edit an ibnetdiscover cache created through the --cache option in ibnetdiscover(8) . OPTIONS --switchguid BEFOREGUID:AFTERGUID Specify a switchguid that should be changed. The before and after guid should be separated by a colon. On switches, port guids are identical to the switch guid, so port guids will be adjusted as well on switches. --caguid BEFOREGUID:AFTERGUID Specify a caguid that should be changed. The before and after guid should be separated by a colon. --sysimgguid BEFOREGUID:AFTERGUID Specify a sysimgguid that should be changed. The before and after guid should be spearated by a colon. --portguid NODEGUID:BEFOREGUID:AFTERGUID Specify a portguid that should be changed. The nodeguid of the port (e.g. switchguid or caguid) should be specified first, followed by a colon, the before port guid, another colon, then the after port guid. On switches, port guids are identical to the switch guid, so the switch guid will be adjusted as well on switches. Debugging flags -h, --help show the usage message -V, --version show the version info. AUTHORS Albert Chu < chu11@llnl.gov > IBCACHEEDIT(8)