Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP connection problem
Special Forums IP Networking FTP connection problem Post 27390 by cassy on Friday 30th of August 2002 10:46:20 AM
Old 08-30-2002
The configuration for the subnet mask, default gateway, DNS, WINS is the right IP address in DHCP. I have not done anything with routing table we are on a flat network the only router we have goes out to the Internet. I cannot ftp or telnet the Unix box, although I can telnet and ftp other Unix box in our network. It seems like a configuration problem within this one box. I just do not no what it is.

Sorry, for getting back so late but I had another project that I needed to finish. However, we are still having the problem; the temporary fix is to hard code all clients that need to ftp or telnet to the Unix box with a static i.p. address.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP connection problem on new server

Solaris Server (V880) version 8 Brand new box just installed O/S, what do I need to do in order to get FTP working. I have updated the /etc/hosts.equiv file Problem - When trying to ftp to the server I get a login incorrect message, this is with the root user. Are there some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miredale
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

FTP Connection

I just started a new job and inherited a Fedora core 3 server. I wanted to open the ftp ports and I wanted to verify this code before I mess things up. From my reading the two lines below should allow ftp access can anyone confirm my attempt. iptables -A INPUT -p tcp - sport 21 -m state - state... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mungaz
0 Replies

3. Solaris

ftp connection problem

Hi all, i am not able to connect the ftp through userA. Can you please tell me what are the possible ways to troubleshoot this issue? Regards krishna (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna176
2 Replies

4. SCO

ftp connection

I have problem with ftp connection on SCO UNIX 5.0.7, it is work slowly. How I can make accelerate. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: draganmi
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Connection

Hi, Anyone encounter whereby when you FTP from an Unix server (Solaris 8) to another server (Window Server 2003), you tend to wait a long while when you do a "ls" and you get a timeout after that. However, when you FTP again and do a "ls", the result of "ls" shown immediately. All connection are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahlude
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP connection problem

I am getting the error in this command when i am pitting it in shell script ftp -nvi jcmpcor1.abc.com >/work/test98.dat << EOD error:- invalid command. but when i am writting it from outside it work fine. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi214u
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vxWorks connection to solaris 9.0 rsh vs ftp problem

Can anyone point me in the right direction.. I have a test system which requires vxWorks to be loaded via TCPIP I am using a Sun ultra10 box with Sol 9.0 installed as the server I have configured the server and am able to load the boot image without any problems. I assume it is using the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shortsrkt
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

ftp first connection closed

Hi, Have anyone seen this problem, there is one remote side where their ftp connection to our server will always fail with connection closed by remote host and the second connection will be working. is this an OS issue or network issue? Thanks Robert (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertngo
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP connection refused

Hi I am trying to execute a shell script which is in unix server gs1. The script is below which basically connects to another unix server q15 and tries to get a file using FTP . But i get error as "ftp: connect: Connection refused Not connected. Not connected." Please help with if the below... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
8 Replies
iptos(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  iptos(4)

NAME
iptos - Defines the IP Type Of Service (TOS) for FTP and Telnet SYNOPSIS
/etc/iptos DESCRIPTION
The /etc/iptos file configures the Type Of Service (TOS) of the Internet Protocol (IP) used by FTP and Telnet. The TOS field in the Internet datagram is to specify how the datagram should be handled. It is a mechanism to allow control information to have precedence over data. Generally, protocols that are involved in direct interaction with a human should select low delay, while data transfers that involve large blocks of data need high throughput. Finally, high reliability is most important for datagram-based Internet management functions. In the Tru64 UNIX operating system, the ftp and telnet applications and the ftpd and telnetd daemons allow the configuring of TOS values. These applications check to see if the /etc/iptos file exists; if the file exists, the applications obtain the TOS value from the file and use that value to set the TOS field. If the /etc/iptos file does not exist, the applications default to the following TOS values recom- mended by RFC1060: Low delay High throughput Low delay Users who want to configure their own TOS values for the TOS field should provide the /etc/iptos file. Note Most IP routers do not differentiate based on TOS, and therefore providing values other than the default would have no affect. You should not change the default values for FTP and Telnet. Each entry should consist of a single line of the form: Application Proto TOS-bits aliases The entry fields contain the following information: The name of an application TOS entry. The protocol name for which the entry is appro- priate. The TOS value to be set for the entry. A list of aliases that exist for the entry. Items on an entry line are separated by any number of blanks, tabs, or combination of blanks and tabs. A number sign (#) indicates that the rest of the line is a comment and is not interpreted by routines that search the file. Blank lines in the file are ignored. Valid TOS entry names are ftp-control and ftp-data for FTP and telnet for Telnet. The TOS value for the entry should be one of the following hexadecimal numbers, corresponding to TOS bits: Low delay High throughput High reliability If you need to disable the use of TOS bits, because you are having troubling communicating with a TCP/IP host that doe not conform entirely with the IP specification, you can disable the TOS bits by using the the following settings in the /etc/iptos file: # # Format of this file: # Application Proto TOS-bits aliases # ftp-control tcp 0x0 ftp-data tcp 0x0 telnet tcp 0x0 EXAMPLES
The following example shows typical entries in the /etc/iptos file: # # Format of this file: # Application Proto TOS-bits aliases # ftp-control tcp 0x10 ftp-data tcp 0x08 telnet tcp 0x10 RELATED INFORMATION
RFC1060, ftp(1), telnet(1), ftpd(8), telnetd(8) delim off iptos(4)