Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Please help me with my sound card... Post 27386 by LittleMan on Friday 30th of August 2002 10:13:32 AM
Old 08-30-2002
Thanks, but...

Thank you for help, but the problem is that i have no free slots in my computer. I've got an integrated sound card on my mobo, so I always switch it on before booting Linux, but it iritates me a lot. Is there any other way i could get Audigy working?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sound Card configuration

Hie, Im using Linux Kernel 2.2.16-22 (Linux Ver7.0), My problem is My sound Card is not detected and configured properly, i tried many ways but still cant configured it out. Heres my detail problem. Whenever i tried to configure my sound card which i newly purchased ( Creative Vibra 128 Audio... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure my Sound Card????

I use sndconfig to configure it ..in addation the sample sound worked but the MIDI not work and game me an error from /var/log/messages I get that : Feb 18 09:04:35 localhost kernel: cs4232: set synthio and synthirq to use the wavefront facilities. Feb 18 09:04:50 localhost kernel: YM3812 and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I configure my sound card?

Where should I go for sound card configurations? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: confusedoflife
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sound card ?????

sapp guys i've got this little problem, i have no idea what kind of sound card i got i check dmesg|more and its not there is there any other way to find out ? THX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: challenger
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problems with sound card on FreeBSD 4.5

Hi,friends!!! I have a problem with my integrated sound card AC97 on i815 and my version of FreeBSD is 4.5.I know that there is a driver for it called ich.c.gz,but the site containing it is unavaliable now.And is there another driver or some other ideas ? z-z-z-z-z :: email removed :: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kruch
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check if sound card exists?

hi, i have a sun sparc II machine. i would like to play music from this workstation. so how should i check whether my machine has a sound card installed? what command should i type? pls enlighten me. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sound card and audio song

Hello, How can i install the sound card on solaris 9.00 and also, how can i play MP3 and audio songs on solaris.... pls provide me the complete steps.... thnks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: taurian1234
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sound card doesn't work!

Hello I have just installed Free BSD on my old computer system to learn how to use it and I can't get any sound. When I start KDE desktop I receve a message that says "Sound server informational message: Error while initializing the sound driver: device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ac101
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is the sound card in use?

I'm just wondering if there's a simple way (that could be used in a shell script) to tell if the sound card is in use (as in audio is being played)? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: petebear
0 Replies

10. Solaris

sound card roblem

hi all my sound card not define in my unix box how can i get driver for my sound card (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
3 Replies
FISCHE(1)							   User Commands							 FISCHE(1)

NAME
fische - standalone sound visualisation SYNOPSIS
fische [options] OPTIONS
-D --driver driver Use the specified audio input driver. Presently alsa, pulse, portaudio and dummy are supported. -d --device device device names the pcm capture device to get the sound data from. On most systems, the default will do just fine. This Option is ignored with the PulseAudio driver. The PortAudio driver knows the special device help, which will spit out a list of all known devices. -g --geometry XxY X and Y specify the width and height of the animation. Defaults to 800x400. -v --virtual XxY X and Y specify the width and height of the application window. Use this to prevent your computer from trying to switch to non-exis- tent fullscreen resolutions. CAUTION: when specifying a virtual geometry, set the actual geometry FIRST! -f --fullscreen Start fische in fullscreen mode. -e --extra-nervous Start fische in nervous mode. -s --fps fps fps specifies the target frames per second. The default, 30, is what fische is designed for -1 --single Use only one CPU, even if there are more available --exit-on-mouseevent Exit when a mouse button is clicked (useful mainly on touchscreens) -n --nowrite Do not update the configuration file with the last known working configuration. -h --help Display a basic help message. RUNTIME CONTROLS
At runtime, press P to pause, F to toggle fullscreen mode, N to toggle nervosity and ESC to quit. With the --exit-on-mouseevent flag, fis- che does exactly that. KNOWN ISSUES
PortAudio is currently slow on Linux. If able, use a different driver. On Windows, the actual frame rate is often quite different from the specified one. The actual rate is shown after exit. Use the -s flag to increase it to about 30. TROUBLESHOOTING (Linux only) If you get an error like "X Error of failed request: BadValue..." Try to start fische with the -v or --virtual flags and set X/Y to values that correspond to a fullscreen resolution that you know exists. For example: fische -g 1400x700 -v 1400x1050 If fische starts, but won't react to sound First of all, try a different input driver. If you are lucky, this already solves your problem. If not, you now have to choose which driver you would like to get working: pulse: Fische opens the default source as set with pavucontrol or similar tools. For example, if you would like to visualize "what's playing", set the corresponding "monitor of output XYZ" device as default. alsa: You might be using the wrong ALSA device. By default, fische tries to open the "default" device. It should be correctly con- figured on most systems, but with some soundcards you need complex ALSA configuration to achieve recording capabilities - look into the ALSA documentation. For example, soundcards with ICE1712 chips record internally produced sound on channels 10 and 11 instead of 0 and 1. alsa: Recording might not be enabled. Check with "alsamixer" or an other mixer application. If you are trying to visualize sounds produced by an audio player, you must enable recording of what's called "PCM" on most cards. For external input, record "Line In", and so on... alsa: Your sound card might not support recording of your chosen source. In this case, you are in bad luck. Most notably, many C- Media based cards do not allow recording while SPDIF out is in use. You can try a setup using an "aloop" dummy card - but that process is far beyond the scope of this man page, and with most distributions, it requires kernel or ALSA re-compilation. However, in this case the PulseAudio input driver might still give you the desired results. FILES
$HOME/.fischerc - automatically updated on clean exit. SEE ALSO
Runtime control documentation, troubleshooting information and FAQs in the README AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Marcel Ebmer fische@26elf.at. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2, or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation fische April 2010 FISCHE(1)