Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: xterminal
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers xterminal Post 27364 by mysth on Friday 30th of August 2002 03:51:46 AM
Old 08-30-2002
xterminal

hi there,

i am not quite sure, if this belongs here...

well, since wednesday i am using an xterminal from HP. it is connectet to another pc (as it should be), that pc is used by others, too.
My problem is, that everytime i run mozilla (doesn't matter if new or old version, i tryed both) and open more than two windows, it just closes. The same with OpenOffice.
Gernerlly I can say, if i use to much grafic it breaks down.
On the pc my KDE is then using a 100% cpu time.

My chef says, it is just mozilla, for the xterminal just gets the grafic and puts it to the monitor.

but i guess it is some sort of buffer overflow...

i have no experience with xterminals...
...but it is really hard for me to work on an half runnig system.

so if anybody has an idea what i could do (besides suggesting i should use a normal pc), i'd be more than glad

fixadd(3alleg4) 						  Allegro manual						   fixadd(3alleg4)

NAME
fixadd - Safe function to add fixed point numbers clamping overflow. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> fixed fixadd(fixed x, fixed y); DESCRIPTION
Although fixed point numbers can be added with the normal '+' integer operator, that doesn't provide any protection against overflow. If overflow is a problem, you should use this function instead. It is slower than using integer operators, but if an overflow occurs it will set `errno' and clamp the result, rather than just letting it wrap. Example: fixed result; /* This will put 5035 into `result'. */ result = fixadd(itofix(5000), itofix(35)); /* Sets `errno' and puts -32768 into `result'. */ result = fixadd(itofix(-31000), itofix(-3000)); ASSERT(!errno); /* This will fail. */ RETURN VALUE
Returns the clamped result of adding `x' to `y', setting `errno' to ERANGE if there was an overflow. SEE ALSO
fixsub(3alleg4), fixmul(3alleg4), fixdiv(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 fixadd(3alleg4)