Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Please help me with my sound card... Post 27296 by Neo on Thursday 29th of August 2002 03:21:08 PM
Old 08-29-2002
Drivers are typically kernel level software modules (code). You would, more than likely, have to insert the driver code in the appropriate place in the kernel code tree and rebuild your kernel, not an easy task for a newbie and not recommended.

You should get a list of the sound cards currently supported by the linux kernel and get a sound card that is supported.

Try this links:

http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/howto/Hardware-HOWTO

and perhaps:

http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/howto/Sound-HOWTO

and if you still want to rebuild your kernel:

http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/howto/Kernel-HOWTO

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sound Card configuration

Hie, Im using Linux Kernel 2.2.16-22 (Linux Ver7.0), My problem is My sound Card is not detected and configured properly, i tried many ways but still cant configured it out. Heres my detail problem. Whenever i tried to configure my sound card which i newly purchased ( Creative Vibra 128 Audio... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure my Sound Card????

I use sndconfig to configure it ..in addation the sample sound worked but the MIDI not work and game me an error from /var/log/messages I get that : Feb 18 09:04:35 localhost kernel: cs4232: set synthio and synthirq to use the wavefront facilities. Feb 18 09:04:50 localhost kernel: YM3812 and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I configure my sound card?

Where should I go for sound card configurations? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: confusedoflife
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sound card ?????

sapp guys i've got this little problem, i have no idea what kind of sound card i got i check dmesg|more and its not there is there any other way to find out ? THX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: challenger
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problems with sound card on FreeBSD 4.5

Hi,friends!!! I have a problem with my integrated sound card AC97 on i815 and my version of FreeBSD is 4.5.I know that there is a driver for it called ich.c.gz,but the site containing it is unavaliable now.And is there another driver or some other ideas ? z-z-z-z-z :: email removed :: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kruch
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check if sound card exists?

hi, i have a sun sparc II machine. i would like to play music from this workstation. so how should i check whether my machine has a sound card installed? what command should i type? pls enlighten me. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sound card and audio song

Hello, How can i install the sound card on solaris 9.00 and also, how can i play MP3 and audio songs on solaris.... pls provide me the complete steps.... thnks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: taurian1234
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sound card doesn't work!

Hello I have just installed Free BSD on my old computer system to learn how to use it and I can't get any sound. When I start KDE desktop I receve a message that says "Sound server informational message: Error while initializing the sound driver: device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ac101
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is the sound card in use?

I'm just wondering if there's a simple way (that could be used in a shell script) to tell if the sound card is in use (as in audio is being played)? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: petebear
0 Replies

10. Solaris

sound card roblem

hi all my sound card not define in my unix box how can i get driver for my sound card (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
3 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)