Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cshrc
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cshrc Post 27207 by nattynatty on Wednesday 28th of August 2002 04:00:32 PM
Old 08-28-2002
Hi RTM,

I found 3 files on /etc/skel

local.cshrc local.login local.profile

Could someone tell me the difference between these files?

Thanx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to specify header directory in .cshrc

in my .cshrc file, i can set my library files directory like this : setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/usr/openwin/lib" now i want to specify my header files directory. please teach how to set it and what/how is the syntax thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.cshrc and .login overwritten !!

Hi, My account is : abcd I belong to a group: pqrs Some thing straneg happened yesterday. My .cshrc and .login got overwritten into pqrs's .cshrc and .login I obviously did not explicitly overwrite pqrs's .cshrc. Are there any reasons how this could have happened indirectly due to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjthomas
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.cshrc flie help

How can I set up my .cshrc file to do as the posix shell does the escape+k to scroll my command history Thanks Oh BTW, Hi I'm new to the forum. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lefty
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt in .cshrc

what kind of information is there .cshrc ? I want to set an alias in the form of =>#alias setprompt 'set prompt=">>$user<<@`hostname`:${cwd}% "' Ex. alias pr 'cd /home/username' when I make the change and try to do $pr ... its saying pr: command not found Is there any way I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

flags inside .cshrc

Hi, I use a specific utility in my .cshrc for setting up the right fonts and I believe it's sufficient to run it once for a whole session. Since I have sourced it in my .cshrc, it runs every time I do a source of .cshrc or invoke every new terminal. To resolve this issue, I thought of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oldtrash
1 Replies

6. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

.cshrc file

Hi All, I was hoping someone could help me with the following query I have please in relation to NX Nomachine. Is there a way to get my .cshrc file in say my “US” home dir” to run when I login to another server e.g say a UK server? Any advise would be much appreciated, thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainster
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with my .cshrc

Hello everyone, I write a ~/.cshrc for set class path to run my java application. The file is listed below. setenv YFILTER_HOME ~/yfilter-2.0 setenv PATH "$YFILTER_HOME/bin:$PATH" setenv CLASSPATH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl0101
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving from .cshrc to .bashrc

At work I've been moved from ksh to bash per our policy. I haven't configured a .profile or .cshrc before but when I first started the guy that trained me (on just what I need to know in order to do the job) let me copy his .profile, .cshrc, and .cshrc_aliases file so we could all use them and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Explain @(#)cshrc 1.11 89/11/29 SMI

What does ' @(#)cshrc 1.11 89/11/29 SMI ' mean? Can someone please deconstruct and explain the parts? # @(#)cshrc 1.11 89/11/29 SMIIt is at the top of a the .cshrc of a new Solaris account I am working on. I am familiar with using the first line of a script for setting the program/shell to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fgrirx
2 Replies

10. Solaris

CSHRC and PATH problem please help

I'm doing some IVR programming and it uses Solaris 10. I know little about Unix, or CSH, but I think it's a problem with my .cshrc file. I was getting an error: "nstancehomedir/sqllib/bin/db2fupdt: Command not found" and also "set: Syntax error" when I log in. I found db2fupdt in 2 directories,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstevanus
2 Replies
PAM_MKHOMEDIR(8)						 Linux-PAM Manual						  PAM_MKHOMEDIR(8)

NAME
pam_mkhomedir - PAM module to create users home directory SYNOPSIS
pam_mkhomedir.so [silent] [umask=mode] [skel=skeldir] DESCRIPTION
The pam_mkhomedir PAM module will create a users home directory if it does not exist when the session begins. This allows users to be present in central database (such as NIS, kerberos or LDAP) without using a distributed file system or pre-creating a large number of directories. The skeleton directory (usually /etc/skel/) is used to copy default files and also sets a umask for the creation. The new users home directory will not be removed after logout of the user. OPTIONS
silent Don't print informative messages. umask=mask The user file-creation mask is set to mask. The default value of mask is 0022. skel=/path/to/skel/directory Indicate an alternative skel directory to override the default /etc/skel. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_CRED_INSUFFICIENT Insufficient credentials to access authentication data. PAM_PERM_DENIED Not enough permissions to create the new directory or read the skel directory. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known to the underlying authentication module. PAM_SUCCESS Environment variables were set. FILES
/etc/skel Default skel directory EXAMPLES
A sample /etc/pam.d/login file: auth requisite pam_securetty.so auth sufficient pam_ldap.so auth required pam_unix.so auth required pam_nologin.so account sufficient pam_ldap.so account required pam_unix.so password required pam_unix.so session required pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0022 session required pam_unix.so session optional pam_lastlog.so session optional pam_mail.so standard SEE ALSO
pam.d(5), pam(7). AUTHOR
pam_mkhomedir was written by Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_MKHOMEDIR(8)