Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: formatting hd for Solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers formatting hd for Solaris Post 27178 by perleo on Wednesday 28th of August 2002 11:35:13 AM
Old 08-28-2002
Iam not an expert or anything but i had porblems installing windows after i uninstalled linux.U need fdisk.U need to delete all the partitions on your hd.Every partition including win32 (fat32 i think)Then you should have no problems installing Solaris.When u install solaris it will make its own partitions like linux does.

Iam not an expert but that whats i did.Maby you should ask for a second opinion first.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

formatting

I've been asking on IRC channels but no one answers me, I need to format my hard drive, normally it's just format c: but c doesn't exist, how do I format when I have linux mandrake installed. Please reply to this quickly, I'm kinda in a rush :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darryll777
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

formatting

Hi Again Guys , Please i installed linux RH 6.1 on Toshiba , 10G , RAM=128 , 600 MHZ . After i installed linux i got many error messages , seems it was not installed correctly , also when i finished installation it did not ask me for the 2nd installation CD , and when i logged as root , i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting

I have next part of script: for i in $LIST do echo "`date +"%H:%M:%S"` Converting $i ..."; mysql -uroot some -sABe "ALTER TABLE $i ENGINE=$ENGINE"; done I want to get following output formatting: "OK" must be one under another :) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting

I have file with different columns for ex. contents of file "txt" NAME AGE MARKS HARRY 23 89 TOM 12 67 BOB 23 11 and you see its not formatted.Now, I need the file "txt" to be formatted like COLUMN1 COLUMN2 COLUMN3 NAME AGE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting

Is there a way to make a 2 column output out of the following : 1 2 3 4 5 6 Output : 1 2 3 4 5 6 Thanks, Prasanna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting of df -k

Hello, I am developing a platform Independant tool that should work for all major unix flavors outlined in this forum(Solaris,Linux, AIX, HPUX, SCO,BSD) Therefore, in order to cover all types of user community, I have deliberately posted the same message on every forum. Please do not think... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: darsh123
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help formatting

I need to format a txt file and convert it in CSV. Any "future" column is separated by a newline. FROM: XS1 1.43294 0.0 XS2 1.21824 0.0 TO: XS1,XS2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfreale
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Help

Hi Guys, i have report that runs every 10 min and send the report of failed jobs to my mail. Currently i am using a command like this to send mail. mailx -t -s "FAILURE JOBS IN HYDRA $temp_date" addressee@domain.com < temp_file5 But i am getting mail in this format ....... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkrish
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting

Good day All, I have requirement where my input data looks like below ] Message5 Expecting Output as 04/MAR/2104 ||| 23:15:45 ||| servername ||| NOTIFICATION |||message1||||||userId|||||| Message5 I could not use space delimiter as in the messages I would be having them as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tomlight
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with formatting

Hi, I am new to UNIX and need your help in formatting the below input command to the desire output Input: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX XPKTABLE1 ( COL1, COL2 ) ON TABLE_NM; Output: COMMENT ON TABLE DB_NM.TABLE_NM AS 'PK=,COL1,COL2; '; In... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun2327
14 Replies
FDISK(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  FDISK(8)

NAME
acorn-fdisk -- partition editor for Acorn/RISC OS machines SYNOPSIS
acorn-fdisk -h | --help | -v | --version acorn-fdisk [-t scheme | --type scheme] -l | --list [device ...] acorn-fdisk [-t scheme | --type scheme] -s | --size partition acorn-fdisk [-t scheme | --type scheme] [device] DESCRIPTION
The acorn-fdisk utility allows one to display or interactively edit partition tables for Acorn/RISC OS machines in various formats. Using the PC/BIOS format, standard IBM PC (i386) partition tables can also be accessed. When no optional device is given, it defaults to /dev/hda or /dev/sda. The options are as follows: -h | --help Display a short usage and exit immediately. -l | --list Display the partition table(s) of all devices. -s | --size Display the size of partition. -t | --type Select the partitioning scheme to use. Valid schemes are: EESOX Eesox SCSI on the Acorn machines. ICSIDEFS ICS IDE. Filecore/Linux Linux on Filecore. This uses the non-ADFS descriptor to point to the start of the disc to be partitioned. The first two sectors contain a partition table to identify the Linux partitions contained within. PC/BIOS PC/BIOS partitioning scheme. This consists of a partition table in the first sector of the disk which contains both CHS and LBA values for the partitions. There can be up to four entries in the primary partition table. One of these can be an extended partition containing up to four extra partitions. PowerTec PowerTec SCSI on the Acorn machines. Filecore/RISCiX RiscIX on Filecore. -v | --version Display the version of acorn-fdisk and exit immediately. If neither -l | --list or -s | --size are given, the partition table of the given device will be edited interactively. EXAMPLES
Display the default device's partition table on a PC: acorn-fdisk --type PC/BIOS -l Display the PC partition table of /dev/sda: acorn-fdisk --type PC/BIOS --list /dev/sda Display the size in blocks of the partition /dev/sda1: acorn-fdisk --type PC/BIOS --size /dev/sda1 Edit the MBR partition table interactively: acorn-fdisk --type PC/BIOS Display the partition table of an MBR backed up to a file: acorn-fdisk -t PC/BIOS -l mbrdump.bin Display the size of the first partition on a device where the MBR would be restored from the backup file mbrdump.bin: acorn-fdisk -t PC/BIOS -s mbrdump.bin1 AUTHORS
arm-fdisk was written by Russell King <rmk@arm.uk.linux.org> based on util-linux fdisk, which was written at least partially by A. V. Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk>. This manual page was written for the Debian system by Thorsten Glaser <tg@debian.org> but may be used by others. BSD
October 2, 2010 BSD