Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can Unix Co-Exist with Windows 9X on the same System? Post 2715 by mfbww on Thursday 31st of May 2001 10:33:35 AM
Old 05-31-2001
YES, but not on the same partition. what flavor are you planning to use? if you want to use something like linux you should try MANDRAKE 4.1 FOR WINDOWS and don't forget to make a swap partition

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having a Unix system installed side to side with Windows?

Atm i have Windows 98. Can i install a Unix system like Redhat on my computer, and on boot choose which one to go to? Like i can with Win95 & 98... Please help me. I dont know alot about unix so im still learning. I just know its better than Win for the internet and it doesnt crash. :) (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pcslider
14 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

past login still exist in the system

hi, i noticed that there are still past logins which have not been terminated. how should i removed them? i am on aix. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does UNIX-Chmod in windows exist?

Is there an command in windows to chmod a file to 666 so that when I mount a NAS on solaris, the user can read/write/remove the file from unix server? Traditionally, we invoke ftp from unix to windows, get the file and remove it. With a NAS, can windows chmod the file 666 so that unix can edit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing Windows over UNIX operating system

Hello All I don't know much about UNIX operating system and in need of help. I am trying to install Windows Operating System on a desktop that already has UNIX. When you start the system it immediately takes me to a GRUB prompt. I tried putting in the installation disk before starting the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockbold
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find in file. Does this exist under UNIX?

Hello, I have the following problem. I know there is a file somewhere on a UNIX machine that contains a string, but I don't know where. With the "grep" command, I can look into a file but only if I'm located in the correct directory. With the "find" command, I can search across directories... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scampsd
2 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

reading unix file system from windows

I found a more appropriate section to post my question. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cneill
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check path exist or not in UNIX shell script

UNIX Shell Script I'm in /home/suneel dirctory in that directory need to check for a path for example com/src/resources If Path exists need to copy the files from one directory If path not exist need to create the folders and copy the files UNIX shell script help required (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelc
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting a Windows system to a UNIX system

Hello I am looking for advise on how to convert a windows based computer system into a UNIX based operating system.. I would like to be able to learn UNIX better than I know it and work didn't allow me to work with UNIX much. Is there a book where I could learn how to accomplish that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baksg1995
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does not exist or unreadable error in windows ftp script

I have a file like this 07200900.SUP,in a windows directory I need to FTP this file to UNIX , the directory in unix is N:\orgs\Financial Aid\MIIS\0910\FTP I am getting this error miis_ftp.ELM_SUP.shl: =cd orgs/"Financial Aid"/"MIIS"/"0910"/"FTP" : not found IN THE LOG FILE Activities for Mon... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
3 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Converting an old windows vista system to Unix

I have an old Dell system that I would like to convert over to a Unix system and I have no idea how to do this. Where can I go to get the information to do this. This will be a secondary computer that I will learn and "play" with. I have heard that it is fairly easy to do and that once I get used... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Richard.Borden2
0 Replies
BOOTCD2DISK(1)							   bootcd utils 						    BOOTCD2DISK(1)

NAME
bootcd2disk - copy a system running from bootcd to a disk SYNOPSIS
bootcd2disk [-i] [-s] [-c <config directory>] [-url <url>] DESCRIPTION
With bootcd2disk a CD build with bootcdwrite can be copied to one or more Disk Partitions from the running cd-based system. Therefore bootcd could be used to make rescue disks. It is also possible to let bootcd2disk automatically find a disk, make partitions on it, copy the cd to the disk and make the disk bootable. bootcd2disk will be available as soon as your system is running from cd. OPTIONS
-i With this option the complete bootcd2disk runs in interactive mode and you can run each function manually. This option is useful for debugging. -v The option "-v" (verbose) adds messages on running. -s This option can be used to disable interactive questions and to try to ignore errors. -c <config directory> The configuration directory which normally is "/etc/bootcd" can be changed with this. -url <url> If bootcd2disk is slow on your system (because of a slow CD/DVD drive or the HP ILO virtual CD interface), you can use an image server to get the image from. bootcd2disk use the SWAP partition of your upcoming system as temporary space and copy the image from the con- figured image server to this partition and use it as image. The image server url is configured with this option. example install from imagesserver: bootcd2disk -url http://192.168.1.1/cdimage.iso Another way the increase the performance is the use of the mounted CD/DVD itself for the copy. The option "-url" is the same, the url starts with "file:///" example install from CD/DVD drive sdc0: bootcd2disk -url file:///dev/sdc0 The swap partition of the upcoming system must have enough space to get the whole image! Currently no other options can be specified on command line. All other configuration has to be done in the config files. FILES
/etc/bootcd/bootcd2disk.conf Configuration for bootcd2disk. SEE ALSO
Documentation in bootcd2disk.conf bootcd2disk.conf(5), bootcd(1), bootcdflopcp(1), bootcdwrite(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bernd Schumacher <bernd.schumacher@hp.com> and Carsten Dinkelmann <Carsten.Dinkelmann@foobar-cpa.de> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). bootcd2disk 2007-04-04 BOOTCD2DISK(1)