Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory SCIO Unix Filesystem type - Urgent Post 27126 by tennetip on Wednesday 28th of August 2002 12:16:24 AM
Old 08-28-2002
Hi there,

I hv gone thro' ur Problem. Since ur using 60GB HDD of IDE Make, the type of mother in which the Disk has been placed may not support that capacity, may be u have to change the mother board that supports.

If the HDD is a SCSI make then the system will give u the full capacity.

Regards

Durga Prasad Tenneti

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

you have more and one unix type?

As a formem unix newbe I Just wanted to tell you about this cool site for all you confused people. If you need to support more than one unix type: Use this one. It's a life saver. http://www.unixguide.net/unixguide.shtml here (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunbird
4 Replies

2. AIX

(URGENT) Mounting JFS2 FileSystem on AIX 4.3

Hi Every body, I created Volume Group & FileSystem of type JFS2 with size 1.3 TB on AIX 5.2. I want to import this VG on another system AIX 4.3. It is imported successfully & I can varyon the VG but unfourtantly I couldn't mount the FileSystem. Is it possible to mount a JFS2 FileSystem on AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

3. Programming

Platform type in Unix

Hi all, How does one get the platform type in UNIX (for e.g. sparc/i386)? I need an function call and not the command like uname -p. thanks! (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent:FileSystem Check Script

This script monitors a FileSystem named /Monthly and send a page; works great but I need to monitor /Daily/All ....Im getting Syntax Error MSG=`df -Ik|awk '$6~/Monthly$/{gsub("%"," "); if ($5>20){print "FS:Monthly filesystem is "$5"%"}}'` if then echo $MSG | mail 2149724690@mobilecomm.net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Openware
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I know what type of shells are available in my Unix system?

How do I know what type of shells are available in my Unix system? Are there a single command or environment variable that can let me find that out? Best regards, John Chan (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuhang2
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX kernel type?

Hai guys,This is my first question. What type of UNIX kernel is? (W.K.T linux kernel is monolithic) Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felicia23
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix version/type

Hi, How can I find out what unix I am using? Thanks C19 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check which type of storage is used in unix

SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-15 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5240 how can i check the storage type being used in unix solaris sparc system? please help me its urgnet.. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aesgs
1 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to check which type of storage is used in unix

how can i check the storage type being used in unix solaris sparc system? please help me its urgnet.. thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aesgs
4 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Type of UNIX applications

Hello, We are planning a migration from UNIX (HP-UX, AIX, Solaris) to Linux on AZURE. I know it sounds like extremely complicated :( That's why we need your help :) We are at the beggining of stage. We need to categorize the types of applications (software) that generally runs on UNIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anton.robidson
3 Replies
DPM_ADDFS(3)						       DPM Library Functions						      DPM_ADDFS(3)

NAME
dpm_addfs - add a filesystem to a disk pool SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include "dpm_api.h" int dpm_addfs (char *poolname, char *server, char *fs, int status, int weight) DESCRIPTION
dpm_addfs adds a filesystem to a disk pool. poolname specifies the disk pool name previously defined using dpm_addpool. server specifies the host name of the disk server where this filesystem is mounted. fs specifies the mount point of the dedicated filesystem. status Initial status of this filesystem. It can be set to 0 or FS_DISABLED or FS_RDONLY. weight specifies the weight of the filesystem. This is used during the filesystem selection. The value must be positive. A negative value will tell the server to allocate the default weight value (1). It is recommended to use a value lower than 10. This function requires ADMIN privilege. RETURN VALUE
This routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately. ERRORS
ENOENT Filesystem does not exist. EACCES The caller does not have ADMIN privilege. EFAULT poolname, server or fs is a NULL pointer. EEXIST this filesystem is already part of a pool. ENOMEM Memory could not be allocated for storing the filesystem definition. EINVAL The pool is unknown or the length of poolname exceeds CA_MAXPOOLNAMELEN or the length of server exceeds CA_MAXHOSTNAMELEN or the length of fs exceeds 79. SENOSHOST Host unknown. SEINTERNAL Database error. SECOMERR Communication error. LCG
$Date$ DPM_ADDFS(3)