Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Peer to Peer
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Peer to Peer Post 27024 by Leigh Stone on Tuesday 27th of August 2002 08:45:24 AM
Old 08-27-2002
With regards to AIM I have heard of a product called Bonim....although I have not used it myself -
http://members.tripod.com/boneheadproductions/bonim/

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

connection reset by peer

:confused: HI, We have 2 servers ( win 2003 + sun 5.8 ) and we run a rsh from the NT to the UNIX. The program runs a shell script on the UNIX and waits for the answer in the EOF. How ever, after period of appx 2 min there is a reply "Recv failed:Connection reset by peer". while the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyalush
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Something like peer-to-peer

Hey all ! I have a nice question ( maybe simple one ). I coded a simple server , chat server. I want to implement send files options. But here I come to a nasty thing .. I cannot face out. Let's say that two clients are already connected to the server.( clients are just from another contry... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: !_30
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remote search on a peer

Hello Guys, Can I do a search on a different IP address remotely without sshing or using rsh. Something in lines of : find DIFF_IP:DIRNAME -name "*.log" -print0 Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivishnu_253
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection reset by peer

hi i am connecting to a remote server using sftp protocol. i am using the command like "sftp USER01@122.10.12.45" then i got the error "Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer" please help its very urgent (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
5 Replies

5. Solaris

peer-to-peer connection on solaris and windows

hi everyone. As a solaris/unix beginner, I am trying a peer-to-peer connection with my Sun and Windows. Here is my setup: -Windows XP -Sun System (Netra T1) which is connected to the console of the WinXP machine. -Windows XP has wireless connection which enables me to access internet ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graboid888
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Firewall stopping Peer to Peer File sharing

I am looking for advice on a router. I am new to Linux and am trying to use Limewire and Ktorent and can make no connection. Limewire indicates I have a firewall. I have a Linksys router WRK54G and my guess is that is the problem. I have spent hours upon hours trying to get it to work using info... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul K
0 Replies

7. Linux

Econnreset by peer

Hi I'm trying to upload my website via FTP FileZilla with 123-reg on a Linux package. I built my site using iWeb which tells me that it's ok to publish to FTP which I do and it downloads the directories ok. It connects then stops saying econnreset by peer. I've no idea what this means and I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Emma heptonstal
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Problem with Static route through peer to peer connection

Hi, I am trying to add a static route in one of 3 server (S3) so that I can access the main application server (S1). But problem is, the server (S3) where I am trying to add static route is connected with another server (S2) which is in same private network of application server (S1). I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ImranBD
9 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)