Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with my mouse in KDE
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Problem with my mouse in KDE Post 26940 by Daniela5743 on Monday 26th of August 2002 11:51:31 AM
Old 08-26-2002
I have already tried this, and my mouse did not move at all.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mouse settings

How do I change the mouse pointer speed settings in Unix. I know in Windows there is the option to change the pointer speed. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chyzm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mouse Problem In ScoUnix

I have a problem with my mouse in scounix 5.04 i choosed my mouse during installation , but when i installed unix my mouse was hanged , and didn't works. please help me how can i install my mouse tnx alot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uranium
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Indigo mouse

A few years ago i found i the Net a "homework" about how to convert ps2 mouse to Indigo mouse. But i do not save it. Anybody helps me? There are about 10 Indigo mice in all of my country. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikidimov
2 Replies

4. Solaris

urgent --- mouse hangin problem

hello everyone i ve a urgent situation of mouse hangin in our sun environment where we have one sun server n several sunray machines attached to it sunray machines ve frequent mouse hangin prob so kindly suggest how to overcome this problem thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: livemyway
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building a better mouse trap, or How many lines of code does it take to trap a mouse?

Hello all, I'm hoping to get a little insight from some of the wily veterans amongst you. I've written a script to check for new outgoing files to our vendors located on our ssl server. It seems to be working ok, but the final question here, will be one of logic, and/or a better way to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing middle mouse button for pasting to right mouse button in cygwin rxvt

Hi, I'm using rxvt in Cygwin and I'm wondering how to change my mouse bindings from the middle button for pasting to the right button. The main reason why I want to do this is because my laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button. Thanks for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
2 Replies

7. SCO

Mouse problem in sco 5.0.6

hello i have a problem with mouse in vmware with sco 5.0.6 in graphic mode X11 my mouse move to corner after a while do you have any idea about this problem vmware 6.5.2 vmware 7 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaydream
5 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

KDE apple mouse

Hi - Does anyone else use KDE with apple hardware? I can't seem to find anything out there about apple mouse support for right-clicking. Any advice? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platz
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Problem setting up wireless mouse

Did not know where to post this. Could someone help me with getting my wireless mouse to work? I can post more specifics at that time. Thanks. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
9 Replies
KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)						 KDE User's Manual						  KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)

NAME
kbuildsycoca4 - Rebuilds the system configuration cache. SYNOPSIS
kbuildsycoca4 [--nosignal | --noincremental | --checkstamps | --nocheckfiles | --global | --menutest | --track menu-id | --help | --help-qt | --help-kde | --help-all | --author | -v, --version | --license] DESCRIPTION
kbuildsycoca4, as part of the KDE command line tools ensures the proper operation of KDE by reading in all the .desktop, .xml, and .proto- col files to construct a binary database. KDE itself accesses this database during operation to provide configuration information a program needs to run. This tool is part of ksycoca4, which stands for KDE System Configuration Cache OPTIONS
--nosignal Do not signal applications to update --noincremental Disable incremental update, re-read everything --checkstamps Check file timestamps --nocheckfiles Disable checking files (dangerous) --global Create global database --menutest Perform menu generation test run only --track menu-id Track menu id for debug purposes --help Show help about options --help-qt Show Qt specific options --help-kde Show KDE specific options --help-all Show all options --author Show author information -v , --version Show version information --license Show license information USAGE
A standard way to run this program is by simply specifying the following command at the prompt kbuildsycoca4 FILES
/var/tmp/kde-$USER/ksycoca4 The default directory where the cache files are stored. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
$KDEDIRS Specifies which directories are part of the KDE installations SEE ALSO
kdeinit4 BUGS
There are probably tons of bugs. Use bugs.kde.org: http://bugs.kde.org to report them. AUTHOR
Darian Lanx <content@openprojects.net>. 2010-01-04 KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)