Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Windows XP problem, posting for a friend Post 26865 by _hp_ on Saturday 24th of August 2002 09:54:13 PM
Old 08-24-2002
Windows XP problem, posting for a friend

I tried to help him, but I couln't so I am posting here:

well i have a couple of problems i would like to have answered
were to begin....well i have a windows xp pro ,and it wont let me install any software because it tells me that THE WINDOWS INSTALLER COULD NOW BE ACCESSES THIS MAY BE BECAUSE YOU ARE RUNNING IN SAFE MODE OR THE FILE IS DAMAGED OR MISSING ,now im not running in safe mode and i cant do a clean install because of the conttroller card i have i put the driver in for the controller card (during the install when windows asks for it) and the system just hangs indefinatly ,,so i cant install software and i cant do a clean install,im totally stuck. the controller card is an siig ata 133 ,have tried to up date the driver but i have the latest ,the are no question marks in the device manager.i am not a novice user ,but this has me complety stumped thanks!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Find a friend

I am unix beginner, aspiration learning with unix. i want get help for unix .I have a dream that i become unix master-hand. I wish get your assist for unix or net. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yeliu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

welcome YOUR NEW FRIEND RETO

Hello Every One Iam Your New Friend Reto .iam New In Unix Let Me Say That Iam Zero . And I Wish That You All Can Help Me With It By Your Help I Will Get To The Top Your New Friend Reto From Iraq Thank You All (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: retolop
0 Replies

3. Programming

friend operator

Hello, I have a problem by compiling a class with the following friend function in Header file: class X{ private: ...... protected: ....... public: friend ostream& operator<<(ostream& target, const PARA_DSC& para); }; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nik
1 Replies

4. Programming

What are Friend Functions in C++?

Hey C++ masters! I am a beginner in C++ and learning about it but have some doubts about Friend Functions. Anyone describe C++ Friend Functions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggiwebsinfo
1 Replies
GRUB-INSTALL(8) 							FSF							   GRUB-INSTALL(8)

NAME
grub-install - install GRUB on your drive SYNOPSIS
grub-install [OPTION] install_device DESCRIPTION
Install GRUB on your drive. -h, --help print this message and exit -v, --version print the version information and exit --root-directory=DIR install GRUB images under the directory DIR instead of the root directory --grub-shell=FILE use FILE as the grub shell --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --force-lba force GRUB to use LBA mode even for a buggy BIOS --recheck probe a device map even if it already exists INSTALL_DEVICE can be a GRUB device name or a system device filename. grub-install copies GRUB images into the DIR/boot directory specfied by --root-directory, and uses the grub shell to install grub into the boot sector. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub(8), update-grub(8). The full documentation for grub-install is maintained as a Texinfo manual in the grub-legacy-doc package. If the info and grub-install programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-install should give you access to the complete manual. grub-install (GNU GRUB 0.97) January 2013 GRUB-INSTALL(8)