Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Need help with C app on Oracle running on Solaris 6 Post 26858 by Neo on Saturday 24th of August 2002 04:16:30 PM
Old 08-24-2002
My suggestion would be to first rebuild the system using the original OS on the new hardware..... and then after that is up and running well, consider an OS upgrade.

It is really 'too much work' to try to mend and upgrade a crashed app AND OS, all at once.... baby steps..... first simply rebuild the app without changing the OS version.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

more of an APP questions. basic oracle quesitons

1) how is a hot backup performed. i am thinking it does 1 of 2 things. 1) it exports the db and then you backup the exported files. OR 2) you just backup the files on disk as teh db is running. i dont need to know HOW it is done. but just the basic concept of a hotbackup. i cant find it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
1 Replies

2. Programming

find the fully-qualified path for the app my module is running in

Hi- I need the cpp call that will tell me the full path to the app I'm running in. For example, I'm running in a loaded library for either mozilla or firefox, but would like to know the full path to the executable /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/mozilla /usr/local/firefox1_5 etc... (For... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erwinfletch
4 Replies

3. Programming

Running app after logout and monitoring

Hello! I just programmed a very simple app, it's function is to report every minute the state of the memory and cpu and put it to and xml. All this stuff is working ok since I'm logged in into the machine, but i want it to run as a service, how can I do that?? P.S: Any one knows how can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncatdesigner
1 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Installation Guide for Solaris Cluster 3.2 Software and Oracle 10g Release 2 Real App

Here are steps for installing the Solaris 10 11/06 OS, Solaris Cluster (formerly Sun Cluster) 3.2 software, QFS 4.5, and Oracle 10gR2 RAC. Also provided are instructions on how to configure QFS and Solaris Volume Manager for use with Oracle 10gR2 RAC. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Display running 'app' in terminal titlebar?

Hi. I was, not too long ago, an OS X home user. One of the things I remember from using the Apple-installed Terminal is: whenever an executable that took more than a split second to do its thing was running, its name would appear in the title bar in a way similar to "Terminal: ssh" or "Terminal:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
0 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 6.1 app running on 5.x?

Hi, A quick question. If I build an application on AIX 6.1 TL3 using XL C/C++ 8.0 and Oracle 10g, can I then take those binaries and run them on AIX 5.3 and previous? Regards Kevin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KevB
3 Replies

7. Solaris

what is the command to see which database ie..oracle in running on solaris 10

what is the command to see which database ie..oracle in running on solaris 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies
TNTNET-CONFIG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  TNTNET-CONFIG(1)

NAME
tntnet-config - output compiler flags for tntnet usage SYNOPSIS
tntnet-config [--libs] [--cxxflags] [--config[=app]] [--makefile[=app]] [--project=app] [--autoproject=app] [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the tntnet-config command. OPTIONS
This program's options start with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --libs Output linker flags. --cxxflags Output C++ preprocessor and compiler flags. --config[=app] Print default configuration file. --makefile[=app] Print a simple makefile for an ecpp project. --project=app Create a simple ecpp project directory. --autoproject=app Create a autotools based ecpp project. --help Show summary of options. --version Show version of program. AUTHOR
tntnet was written by Tommi Makitalo <tommi@tntnet.org>. This manual page was written by Kari Pahula <kaol@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
tntnet(8), ecppc(1), ecppl(1), ecppll(1). More documentation can be found in /usr/share/doc/tntnet-doc/. July 3, 2006 TNTNET-CONFIG(1)