Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C++ Problem, managing >2Gb file Post 26820 by RTM on Friday 23rd of August 2002 03:30:36 PM
Old 08-23-2002
What OS and version? C++ version?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File size exceeding 2GB

I am working on HP-Unix. I have a 600 MB file in compressed form. During decompression, when file size reaches 2GB, decompression aborts. What should be done? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadeem Mistry
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

largefile (>2gb) problem

i'm working on SCO unix 7 and i'm trying to be able to creat files greater than 2GB. i've done the following and still haven't soved the problem: 1) fsadm -F vxfs -o largefiles 2) ulimit -f, -d, -s, -c unlimited 3) scoadmin > system tuning > Defaults manager > vxfs defaults: stting maxsize... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roydv
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem creating files greater than 2GB

With the C code I am able to create files greater than 2GB if I use the 64 bit compile option -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64. There I am using the function fprintf to write into the file. But when I use C++ and ofstream the file is getting truncated when the size grows beyond 2GB. Is there any special... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobbyjohnz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MAX file size limited to 2GB

Hi All, We are running HP rp7400 box with hpux 11iv1. Recently, we changed 3 kernel parameters a) msgseg from 32560 to 32767 b) msgmnb from 65536 to 65535 c) msgssz from 128 to 256 Then we noticed that all application debug file size increase upto 2GB then it stops. So far we did not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

5. AIX

Creating > 2GB file

I am trying to execute a database dump to a file, but can't seem to get around the 2GB file size. I have tried setting the user limit to -1, but no luck. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
4 Replies

6. Programming

Can't create file bigger than 2GB with my application

Hi, I've created a simple application that is supposed to fill up a file with messages up to the size I pass as parameter. The problem is that once the file reaches the 2GB size, it stops growing. The flow of the application, for what is worth, is as follows: while ( bytes written <... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
7 Replies

7. Linux

unzipping file > 2gb

I am not able to unzip file greater then 2gb, Any suggestions how to do that in linux? Regards, Manoj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create a file more than 2GB

Hi, I am executing a SQL query and the output is more than 2GB. Hence the process is failing. How can I have a file created more than 2GB ? Thanks, Risshanth (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: risshanth
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

2GB file size limit

Greetings, I'm attempting to dump a filesystem from a RHEL5 Linux server to a VXFS filesystem on an HP-UX server. The VXFS filesystem is large file enabled and I've confirmed that I can copy/scp a file >2GB to the filesystem. # fsadm -F vxfs /os_dumps largefiles # mkfs -F vxfs -m... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkimura
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete the file which crossed 2GB

Hi , I wants to create the bash script for deleting the specified 2gb file and wants to take the backup before doing that. please help me how to do the same,I use RHEL5 server (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulne25
22 Replies
elf_version(3E) 														   elf_version(3E)

NAME
elf_version() - coordinate ELF library and application versions SYNOPSIS
Command: [flag]... file... [library]... DESCRIPTION
As elf(3E) explains, the program, the library, and an object file have independent notions of the "latest" ELF version. lets a program determine the ELF library's It further lets the program specify what memory types it uses by giving its own ver, to the library. Every program that uses the ELF library must coordinate versions as described below. The header file supplies the version to the program with the macro If the library's internal version (the highest version known to the library) is lower than that known by the program itself, the library may lack semantic knowledge assumed by the program. Accordingly, will not accept a working version unknown to the library. Passing a ver equal to causes to return the library's internal version, without altering the working version. If ver is a version known to the library, returns the previous (or initial) working version number. Otherwise, the working version remains unchanged and returns EXAMPLES
The following excerpt from an application program protects itself from using an older library. if (elf_version(EV_CURRENT) == EV_NONE) { /* library out of date */ /* recover from error */ } WARNINGS
The working version should be the same for all operations on a particular ELF descriptor. Changing the version between operations on a descriptor will probably not give the expected results. SEE ALSO
elf(3E), elf_begin(3E), elf_xlate(3E). elf_version(3E)