Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming child process hang up, help!!! Post 26763 by prodigal on Friday 23rd of August 2002 03:47:07 AM
Old 08-23-2002
It's looks like so! Thanks.

It's looks like so! Thanks.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Hang a Process

this may be something trivial to many of you, but is there a way to purposely cause a process to hang? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make the parent process to wait for the child process

Hi All, I have two ksh script. 1st script calls the 2nd script and the second script calls an 'C' program. I want 1st script to wait until the 'C' program completes. I cant able to get the process id for the 'C' program (child process) to make the 1st script to wait for the second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sennidurai
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[KSH/Bash] Starting a parent process from a child process?

Hey all, I need to launch a script from within 2 other scripts that can run independently of the two parent scripts... Im having a hard time doing this, if anyone knows how please let me know. More detail. ScriptA (bash), ScriptB (ksh), ScriptC (bash) ScriptA, launches ScriptB ScirptB,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
7 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

signal between parent process and child process

Hello, everyone. Here's a program: pid_t pid = fork(); if (0 == pid) // child process { execvp ...; } I send a signal (such as SIGINT) to the parent process, the child process receive the signal as well as the parent process. However I don't want to child process to receive the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackliang
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

forking a child process and kill its parent to show that child process has init() as its parent

Hi everyone i am very new to linux , working on bash shell. I am trying to solve the given problem 1. Create a process and then create children using fork 2. Check the Status of the application for successful running. 3. Kill all the process(threads) except parent and first child... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vizz_k
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Kill process which is in hang state

Hi, Can anyone help to create a script that will kill the process which is in hang state. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: A.Santhosh
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Boot process hang

Hello, Sometime i see that the boot process hangs. I am using rhel 6.2. At that time in the console i see Probing EDD (edd=off to disable)... SSH service seems to be started but i can't login... ssh logs (last lines) in verbose mode level 3: debug2: we did not send a packet,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
3 Replies

8. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
asmixer(1)						      General Commands Manual							asmixer(1)

NAME
asmixer - the AfterStep Mixer SYNOPSIS
asmixer [ -help ] [ -g geometry ] [ -d device ] [ -1 control ] [ -2 control ] [ -3 control ] [ -t title ] [ -v rate ] [ -w withdrawn ] DESCRIPTION
asmixer is a nice little application for controlling the volume of various sound outputs through three slider bars. It can be swallowed into Afterstep's Wharf for ease of use. OPTIONS
-h -help --help SOS, 911, etc. -g [+|-]x[+|-]y standard format for where you want to exile asmixer -d device the mixer device to harass -1 -2 -3 control this binds a slider to a specific sound device: VOLUME, BASS, TREBLE, SYNTH, PCM, SPEAKER, LINE, MIC, CD, IMIX, ALPTPCM, RECLEV, IGAIN, OGAIN, LINE1, LINE2, LINE3 -w WindowMaker withdrawn window support. -v volume the volume (1-100) to set the first slider to DEFAULTS
-d /dev/mixer -1 VOLUME -2 CD -3 PCM -t asmixer INVOCATION
asmixer can be called from one of many ways. The most common invocation is Afterstep's .steprc: *Wharf "mixer" nil Swallow "asmixer" asmixer -g -1-1 & This line will cause asmixer to be swallowed into Wharf, which 9 out of 10 dentists agree is cool. You will then be able to slide to your hearts content in perfect Wharf comfort! Another way to call asmixer is from the command line: [ximenes@leo]$ asmixer -d /dev/mixer -t asmixer -v 95 & This will pop up a little window with asmixer helplessly imprisoned inside. Don't worry, it likes it. SEE ALSO
afterstep(1), Wharf(1) COPYRIGHTS
Copyright 1997, Rob Malda <malda@cs.hope.edu>. No guarantees or warranties or anything are provided or implied in any way whatsoever. Use this program at your own risk. Permission to use this program for any purpose is given, as long as the copyright is kept intact. CREDITS
Rob Malda <malde@cs.hope.edu> -- Ye Olde Application Ximenes Zalteca <ximenes@null.net> -- Page O' Fun 3rd Berkeley Distribution 17 May 1997 asmixer(1)