Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network Ip
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Network Ip Post 2676 by jdevarie on Tuesday 29th of May 2001 07:51:41 PM
Old 05-29-2001
Thank you all for the replies. My machine is running Solaris 8. I will be working with your suggestions. Thanks again all.

JDevarie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Help in developing a Network Appliation to monitor pc in a network

I am developing a Network Appliation to monitor computers in a network. Specs are App monitors the current web page viewed in each system App also can shutdown the computer in the network App can show all process run by each computer in the network I am now confused how to start my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: valaparambil88
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Shell Script & Blade Logic & Network Security

I am going to take up a position in Data & Network Security. I would need to write network shell scripts doing the following task: Going to around 2000 servers and findout which groups has access to each servers and which ids are there in each group that has access. I need to implement... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

4. Solaris

configure zones to have different network interface and network

i need to configure a zone to use different interface (bge2) than global and have connected to completely different network switch & to use its own defaultrouter and hosts file .. is it possible ..if so ..how ? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
9 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

6. Solaris

No network cable But Network interface is UP and Running

I've one Netra 240 After changing main board and system configuration card reader, Network is not accessible any more, Network interfaces are always UP and Running even when there is no cable connected to Network interfaces. I tried to restart and plumb/unplumb with no luck. ifconfig -a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

I would like to monitor network traffic for a computer on my network

My son does homework on a school laptop. I was thinking about setting up a gateway on my home network, so that I can monitor web traffic and know if he is doing his homework without standing over his shoulder. Ideally I would like to use the Raspberry Pi Model b that I already have. However, I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
15 Replies
nsquery(1)						      General Commands Manual							nsquery(1)

Name
       nsquery - name server query command

Syntax
       /usr/ucb/nsquery [ lookup ] [ host ] [ server ]

Description
       The command provides an interface to obtain host name and address information.

If  you	specify  host,	the command obtains information about the specified host. If no host is specified, the command obtains information
       about the local host system.

If you specify server, the command queries the BIND server that you specify. If you do not  specify  a  server,	the  command  queries  the
       default BIND server.

Options
       lookup  Retrieves the host name, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and aliases of the specified host.  If no host or server is specified, the
	       command obtains information about the local system from the default BIND server.

If you do specify the lookup option, the command obtains the information about  the  BIND  server  and  host  specified	(or  their
	       defaults).   If the system from which you issue the command is a BIND server, and you do not specify the lookup option, information
	       about only that server is retrieved.

Files
       Directory containing BIND server data file

BIND server boot file

Host database file containing name to address mapping for BIND primary
			   server

Host database file containing address to name mapping for BIND primary
			   server

Local host database file containing address to name mapping for BIND
			   server

BIND server cache file

BIND data file

See Also
       nslookup(1), resolver(3), resolver(5), named(8)
       Guide to the BIND/Hesiod Service

nsquery(1)