Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: picture
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators picture Post 26754 by LivinFree on Friday 23rd of August 2002 01:51:54 AM
Old 08-23-2002
10k?! That is way too big...
My avatar is a JPEG, but it's size is 3796 bytes, not 10,000...
Make sire the size is smaller than 60x60, and it may not hurt to put the number of colors at 16 instead of 256...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open a picture file in unix (putty)

hi i'm logged on to my schools unix machine via putty. how do i open/view a jpg picture file that is there on my root catalog? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javatutor
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: display text and picture

Can someone give me a script in php to: Connect to Mysql: DB= content TABLE = message Enter text , about 3000 characters, and put a image either left or right, top or bottom or the text. Please someone make me this script, ive spent several hours trying to figure it out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

found a picture that discribe the rules!!

found a picture that discribe the rules!!! hehe (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing picture at banner?

On my Ultra 60, when booting and at the banner screen, on the top left is a picture of a globe. On another machine (Ultra 60) its a picture of a Sun. Is this something on the graphics card, or is this picture located somewhere else and able to be changed? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ridgeback00
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help! How to gnuplot a picture??

I would like to ask if I have already plot a graph using gnuplot, the setting(made by others) is in "gnuplot.defaults": gnuplot> load '<ParadisDir>/inputs/gnuplot.defaults' gnuplot> splot 'box.in' with lines, '0t0001' w lines How to transform it to bmp file? (or other types of pictures?) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelvin490
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email with jpg picture embedded - inline

Hi - The below code works perfectly for e-mailing HTML embeded with JPG picture sendmail -t <<EOT TO: ABC.TO@abc.com FROM: ABC.FROM@abc.com SUBJECT: Embed image test MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/related;boundary="XYZ" --XYZ Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-15... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivakumar121
5 Replies

7. Programming

Download http picture using C++

Dear all, I am working on writing the script which can read a file (having the html path for some pictures) and download those picture in the given local directory. Please find my iniatitve here, however I am still not able to figure out the 'download' command. Any help is appreciated. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emily
1 Replies
mlocate.db(5)							File Formats Manual						     mlocate.db(5)

NAME
mlocate.db - a mlocate database DESCRIPTION
A mlocate database starts with a file header: 8 bytes for a magic number ("mlocate" like a C literal), 4 bytes for the configuration block size in big endian, 1 byte for file format version (0), 1 byte for the "require visibility" flag (0 or 1), 2 bytes padding, and a NUL-terminated path name of the root of the database. The header is followed by a configuration block, included to ensure databases are not reused if some configuration changes could affect their contents. The size of the configuration block in bytes is stored in the file header. The configuration block is a sequence of vari- able assignments, ordered by variable name. Each variable assignment consists of a NUL-terminated variable name and an ordered list of NUL-terminated values. The value list is terminated by one more NUL character. The ordering used is defined by the strcmp () function. Currently defined variables are: prune_bind_mounts A single entry, the value of PRUNE_BIND_MOUNTS; one of the strings 0 or 1. prunefs The value of PRUNEFS, each entry is converted to uppercase. prunepaths The value of PRUNEPATHS. The rest of the file until EOF describes directories and their contents. Each directory starts with a header: 8 bytes for directory time (seconds) in big endian, 4 bytes for directory time (nanoseconds) in big endian (0 if unknown, less than 1,000,000,000), 4 bytes padding, and a NUL-terminated path name of the the directory. Directory contents, a sequence of file entries sorted by name, follow. Directory time is the maximum of st_ctime and st_mtime of the directory. updatedb(8) uses the original data if the directory time in the database and in the file system match exactly. Directory time equal to 0 always causes rescanning of the directory: this is necessary to handle directories which were being updated while building the database. Each file entry starts with a single byte, marking its type: 0 A non-directory file. Followed by a NUL-terminated file (not path) name. 1 A subdirectory. Followed by a NUL-terminated file (not path) name. 2 Marks the end of the current directory. locate(1) only reports file entries, directory names are not reported because they are reported as an entry in their parent directory. The only exception is the root directory of the database, which is stored in the file header. AUTHOR
Miloslav Trmac <mitr@redhat.com> SEE ALSO
locate(1), updatedb.conf(5), updatedb(8) mlocate Jan 2007 mlocate.db(5)