Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Running a program
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Running a program Post 26731 by Optimus_P on Thursday 22nd of August 2002 05:18:14 PM
Old 08-22-2002
perlo i would highly suggest that you get a unix for beginners book at your local book store.

I think the book will be much more valuable then these forums if you are completly new and looking for ALL of the answers.

I would suggest anything by Oreilly will be good to go.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Running a compiled Program

Just getting into the Unix command line programming and am unable to run any program I write. I am using a Makefile and the source is compiling but when I enter the name of the output file I get back: bash: lab01exe.out: command not found I'm sure I am just dooing something simple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krebsbac
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a program automatically

How can I make a program run automatically at a certain time of day? My problem is I need to make a small backup program that will back up a few files every day? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvadn0
3 Replies

3. Programming

running a c/c++ program in unix

This is not a question, but rather a simple how-to for programmers who are new to the UNIX environment. I too,am new to UNIX. First I developed a few programs on my box and perfected them until they were satisfactory for execution. Problem was however, that once i compiled and all that,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kray
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a program on boot!

Hi there! I tried to search for something like this here but couldn't find anything. I need to run a specific program when linux starts up. I need to run it after the rp-pppoe has started because this prog needs internet connection. I start the program by entering ./dynix start (its in my home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
4 Replies

5. Programming

running a program for a specified time

how can i run a program for a specified time? i need to print a current time during program execution. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prosputko
3 Replies

6. Programming

running a parallel program

hi , i need to run a parallel program . for example; program1 { array=" the second program should called here : program 2" the execution should continue } the 2nd program should recieve an array of information as argument and it should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a program (Dynflow)

Lets get some stuff out of the way before the question. I am currently running FreeBSD 7.0 on a VirtualBox virtual machine. I do not know much about Unix or FreeBSD, though I do run linux at home. My boss gave me some files that he says are a unix version of the program Dynflow. The Programs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poet_will
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Running More than One Program

Folks, I'm really new to scripting and was wondering if you could help me out. I have the following script that I inherited: #!/bin/bash # # Usage # From the agent directory: # ./run-any-agent AgentName # TAC_AGENT_HOME=`pwd` LIB=${TAC_AGENT_HOME}/lib CLASSPATH=.... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: DTriniWay
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a program using csh

I have a program which I can run on the command line like below and works fine /nethome/chrisd/HSeis/TommyCD/TommyCD-1101/bin/raytrac vmod=npt10-z30.vmod srfile=jcdint.sc rcfile=jcdint.rc phases="SP FS" level=twop format="X T" dtau=0.1 mdacc=0.5 mindist=0.1 maxitertp=25 ray=npt10-z30.ry... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running C program in UNIX

I want to run a C program from my BASH script. Here's some very basic simplified code of my bash script: #!/bin/bash echo "Run C program" ./main.c echo "Ran C program" Here's my main.c: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
3 Replies
LILYPOND-BOOK(1)						   User Commands						  LILYPOND-BOOK(1)

NAME
lilypond-book - manual page for lilypond-book 2.14.2 SYNOPSIS
lilypond-book [OPTION]... FILE DESCRIPTION
Process LilyPond snippets in hybrid HTML, LaTeX, texinfo or DocBook document. OPTIONS
-F, --filter=FILTER pipe snippets through FILTER [default: `convert-ly -n -'] -f, --format=FORMAT use output format FORMAT (texi [default], texi-html, latex, html, docbook) -h, --help show this help and exit -I, --include=DIR add DIR to include path --info-images-dir=DIR format Texinfo output so that Info will look for images of music in DIR --left-padding=PAD pad left side of music to align music inspite of uneven bar numbers (in mm) --lily-output-dir=DIR write lily-XXX files to DIR, link into --output dir --load-custom-package=PACKAGE Load the additional python PACKAGE (containing e.g. a custom output format) -o, --output=DIR write output to DIR -P, --process=COMMAND process ly_files using COMMAND FILE... -s, --safe Compile snippets in safe mode --skip-lily-check do not fail if no lilypond output is found --skip-png-check do not fail if no PNG images are found for EPS files --use-source-file-names write snippet output files with the same base name as their source file -V, --verbose be verbose --version show version number and exit -w, --warranty show warranty and copyright Options only for the latex and texinfo backends: --latex-program=PROG run executable PROG instead of latex, or in case --pdf option is set instead of pdflatex --pdf create PDF files for use with PDFTeX EXAMPLES
$ lilypond-book --filter="tr '[a-z]' '[A-Z]'" BOOK $ lilypond-book -F "convert-ly --no-version --from=2.0.0 -" BOOK $ lilypond-book --process='lilypond -I include' BOOK REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs via http://post.gmane.org/post.php?group=gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.bugs SEE ALSO
The full documentation for lilypond-book is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and lilypond-book programs are properly installed at your site, the command info lilypond-book should give you access to the complete manual. lilypond-book 2.14.2 February 2013 LILYPOND-BOOK(1)