Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Live Free or Die!
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Live Free or Die! Post 26592 by Neo on Wednesday 21st of August 2002 06:29:05 AM
Old 08-21-2002
Thanks.

Just to show there are no hard feelings, notice the link to UNIX Standards. The Open Group did not request this, I thought it would be nice to provide a link to their work in the UNIX standards arena, for those who might be interested in such things.

What do you think?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

what time did my process die ??

Hi there I have a backup script that runs every night and for some reason ive been getting in in the morning and the process has died, Is there any way I can tell when it died? if not .....would anybody recommend some scripting that i could do that would be able to tell me this information ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Python 2.5 must die.

I am using SunOS 5.7 I have installed Python 2.5 via make install Without going into details, I'd like to uninstall it and replace it with an earlier version. Maybe as far back as 2.2.3. Unfortuantely, make uninstall gives me Don't know how to make target 'uninstall'. This is thematically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dbecker
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl problem - another 'die' issue.

two things. why doesn't the 'die' message get displayed - "Error: release log directory creation failed..."? why does the script name and line number get displayed despite the inclusion of a '\n'. apparently adding a newline prevents this from happening. if (! -d "$logdir") { use... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjays
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from a pipe or die in perl

I have a perl program that I want to read from a file passed as an argument or from a pipe. If their is no pipe or arguments, I want it to output a help message. I am stuck on how to prevent perl from reading from the keyboard if it isn't fed any file names or data from a pipe. The only things I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
4 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Tynt Tracer Must Die

First of all, I want to thank everyone who runs this forum for the fine job they've done. While I myself have not yet had any need for help, I have enjoyed and learned while helping others. Due diligence disclaimer: I searched for a discussion on this issue, using "tynt" and "copy paste", but... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: alister
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Connection die out

Hi, I will ftp aroung 80 files after connecting to an FTP Server. But after 2 minutes of connection, it is timed out and connection is dying. Server had a 2 minute connection timeout if connection is idle. But my question, Isn't tranfering files not considered as an activity. Is the connection... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
7 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates In this version of the UserCP, I have changed "Live Chat" to "Live Updates" by disabling the ability to post in the "live chat" area and changed the name to "Live Updates" The reason for this change is that experienced... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
getuid(2)							System Calls Manual							 getuid(2)

NAME
getuid, geteuid - Gets the real or effective user ID SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> uid_t getuid( void ); uid_t geteuid( void ); Application developers may want to specify an #include statement for <sys/types.h> before the one for <unistd.h> if programs are being developed for multiple platforms. The additional #include statement is not required on Tru64 UNIX systems or by ISO or X/Open standards, but may be required on other vendors' systems that conform to these standards. STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: getuid(): POSIX.1, XPG4, XPG4-UNIX Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The getuid() function returns the real user ID of the calling process. The geteuid() function returns the effective user ID of the calling process. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: setuid(2), setruid(3), setreuid(2) Standards: standards(5) delim off getuid(2)