Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: the bind server can't start
Special Forums IP Networking the bind server can't start Post 26575 by cnyifeng on Tuesday 20th of August 2002 09:02:40 PM
Old 08-20-2002
the bind server can't start

I use the "rndc start" to start the bind server .
but the server can't be started. it says "connection refused"
I don't know what happened,and how to resolve it.
Would somebody can help me?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If this isn't newbie nothing is...how do I start GNOME?

First off, I know this isn't a LINUX board, but I figured it was close enough that no one would get upset. Anyway, I have Windows2000 and Linux running dual-boot. That works fine, but when I boot into Linux all I get is a command prompt. How do I start gnome or kde? I read the manual, but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I don't know where to start

I have been in computers for 30 years and know everything about MS, but nothing about anything else. Been developping websites (inter alia) running on MS servers using ASP's and vbScripts which apparently does not work under Unix. My own website is being hosted on a Unix server and I need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul@cascom
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Exec agent won't start... PLEASE HELP!

Backup Exec Agent won't start.... Question: Has anyone had any previous experience working with Backup exec for Unix? I'm running SCO Openserver 5.0.5 and Backup Exec agent Version 5.01 Revision 5.032 Basically, these are the commands I'm issueing and here is the output. # cd etc # cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PatMcCoy
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

SuSE 8.0...I can't get SaX2 to start on Hercules 128 and YaST2 won't set up X either.

I'm trying to set up a school Linux computer and use Samba to link it to Windows NT. Pentium-133 Hercules 8 meg Stingray 128/3D I'm not too familiar with SuSE's config tools (more used to Mandrake) and so am having some trouble configuring X. SaX2 just won't start, even when I use "sax2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HumanBeanDip
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

7. Programming

A project I'd like to start

Hi, I've been toying with the idea of one of two programs: - a filter that will mulch the source code of X programs to use the GUI toolkit of your choice, or - a generic wrapper for GUI toolkits that can be easily switched to use any one you prefer, perhaps including a similar filter to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: La Temperanza
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

BIND (Name Server & Resolver)

Hi, i'm looking information about how BIND (Name Server & Resolver) works... And how Server/Client communicates... I found a lot of information of what BIND is and how to configure it, but nothing about how it works, does anybody know where i can found something useful?? I don't need code, just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandia_man
3 Replies
qstart(8B)								PBS								qstart(8B)

NAME
qstart - start pbs batch job processing at a destination SYNOPSIS
qstart destination ... DESCRIPTION
The qstart command directs that a destination should process batch jobs. If the destination is an execution queue, the server will begin to schedule jobs that reside in the queue for execution. If the destination is a routing queue, the server will begin to route jobs from that queue. In order to execute qstart, the user must have PBS Operation or Manager privilege. OPERANDS
The qstart command accepts one or more destination operands. The operands are one of three forms: queue @server queue@server If queue is specified, the request is to start that queue at the default server. If the @server form is given, the request is to start all queues at that server. If a full destination identifier, queue@server, is given, the request is to start the named queue at the named server. STANDARD ERROR
The qstart command will write a diagnostic message to standard error for each error occurrence. EXIT STATUS
Upon successful processing of all the operands presented to the qstart command, the exit status will be a value of zero. If the qstart command fails to process any operand, the command exits with a value greater than zero. SEE ALSO
pbs_server(8B), qstop(8B), and qmgr(1B) Local qstart(8B)