Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Partitioning Thoughts
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Partitioning Thoughts Post 26475 by martin11 on Monday 19th of August 2002 01:09:39 PM
Old 08-19-2002
Partitioning Thoughts

I'm pretty new to UNIX and i'm planning to set up a server for my company.... i'm wondering if anyone could suggest a partitioning scheme for a standalone Solaris server with two 40GB disks and 1GB of memory... It would also be supporting 100 users...

thanks !

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

New IBM AIX 5L ver 5.1 .. any thoughts?

I read that IBM came up with a new AIX version that would be fully integrated with Linux (I guess compared to older versions of AIX that could not) and I was hoping I bring this for discussion here so I learn more about IBM UNIX OS Can anybody put few simple and practical comparisons between... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliissa
0 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Slackware - Please Keep Patrick Volkerding in Your Thoughts

For those of you you do not follow Slackware, one of the first Linux distros, going back to 1993, you may not know that Patrick Volkerding, the man behind it all, has been very ill: http://www.slackware.com/~volkerdi/PAT-NEEDS-YOUR-HELP.txt Please keep Pat in your thoughts and prayers. Neo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Zones - Design thoughts

Good morning to one and all :-) About to set up a M5000 server, then create a few zones to port over a few apps. So, anyone had experience of zones ? and what things I need to consider / design / workout before hand ?? I need to work out whats going to be ported over, what the ip... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
6 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Thoughts on Dystopian Future as we know it!

Greetings Fellow NIX'ers, For a while now I've been pondering the (to Me) Dystopian possibilities of "Cloud Computing", Web Apps (Pay Per Each Use) of course, and... the Most Troubling of All: The possible time when we will not be allowed to own a "Real" computer, only some silly little... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Coding Coolie
7 Replies

5. Web Development

Some Thoughts on Vue.js at UNIX.com

Recently, have been learning Vue and, as always, learning-by-doing, which means writing code for real-world applications. In this process, I have learned something that is not really mentioned in the majority of online Vue tutorials. Basically, when you create a Vue instance in your browser,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Holiday Thoughts for the End of 2018

Happy Holidays. Here are my randoms thought at the end of 2018 in no particular order. You Are Truly Blessed IT people are lucky. We get to use our brains extensively to solve complex and challenging computer-technology related problems. This is very good for our brains. Programming,... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
dsconfigldap(1) 					    BSD General Commands Manual 					   dsconfigldap(1)

NAME
dsconfigldap -- LDAP server configuration/binding add/remove tool. SYNOPSIS
dsconfigldap [-fvixsgmeSN] -a servername [-n configname] [-c computerid] [-u username] [-p password] [-l username] [-q password] dsconfigldap [-fviSN] -r servername [-u username] [-p password] [-l username] [-q password] options: -f force authenticated binding/unbinding -v verbose logging to stdout -i prompt for passwords as required -x choose SSL connection -s enforce secure authentication only -g enforce packet signing security policy -m enforce man-in-middle security policy -e enforce encryption security policy -S do not update search policies -N do not prompt about adding certificates -h display usage statement -a servername add config of servername -r servername remove config of servername -n configname name given to LDAP server config -c computerid name used if binding to directory -u username privileged network username -p password privileged network user password -l username local admin username -q password local admin password DESCRIPTION
dsconfigldap allows addition or removal of LDAP server configurations. Presented below is a discussion of possible parameters. Usage has three intents: add server config, remove server config, or display help. Options list and their descriptions: -f Bindings will be established or dropped in conjunction with the addition or removal of the LDAP server configuration. -v This enables the logging to stdout of the details of the operations. This can be redirected to a file. -i You will be prompted for a password to use in conjunction with a specified username. -s This ensures that no clear text passwords will be sent to the LDAP server during authentication. This will only be enabled if the server supports non-cleartext methods. -e This ensures that if the server is capable of supporting encryption methods (i.e., SSL or Kerberos) that encryption will be enforced at all times via policy. -m This ensures that man-in-the-middle capabilities will be enforced via Kerberos, if the server supports the capability. -g This ensures that packet signing capabilities will be enforced via Kerberos, if the server supports the capability. -x Connection to the LDAP server will only be made over SSL. -S Will skip updating the search policies. -N Will assume Yes for installing certificates -h Display usage statement. -a servername This is either the fully qualified domain name or correct IP address of the LDAP server to be added to the DirectoryService LDAPv3 configuration. -r servername This is either the fully qualified domain name or correct IP address of the LDAP server to be removed from the DirectoryService LDAPv3 configuration. -n configname This is the UI configuration label that is to be given the LDAP server configuration. -c computerid This is the name to be used for directory binding to the LDAP server. If none is given the first substring, before a period, of the hostname (the defined environment variable "HOST") is used. -u username Username of a privileged network user to be used in authenticated directory binding. -p password Password for the privileged network user. This is a less secure method of providing a password, as it may be viewed via process list. For stronger security leave the option off and you will be prompted for a password. -l username Username of a local administrator. -q password Password for the local administrator. This is a less secure method of providing a password, as it may be viewed via process list. For stronger security leave the option off and you will be prompted for a password. EXAMPLES
dsconfigldap -a ldap.company.com The LDAP server config for the LDAP server myldap.company.com will be added. If authenticated directory binding is required by the LDAP server, then this call will fail. Otherwise, the following parameters configname, computerid, and local admin name will respectively pick up these defaults: ip address of the LDAP servername, substring up to first period of fully qualified hostname, and username of the user in the shell this tool was invoked. dsconfigldap -r ldap.company.com The LDAP server config for the LDAP server myldap.company.com will be removed but not unbound since no network user credentials were sup- plied. The local admin name will be the username of the user in the shell this tool was invoked. SEE ALSO
opendirectoryd(8), odutil(1) Mac OS April 24 2010 Mac OS