Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic information please.
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Basic information please. Post 26467 by auswipe on Monday 19th of August 2002 10:57:26 AM
Old 08-19-2002
For Win32 access to your Unix box running SSH you can use PuTTY. It is a free SSH client that I have used for years. PuTTY also supports SSH tunneling which is real handy.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic

hi, I am pretty new both to unix and this forum, can anyone help me to give shortcuts to my commands... eg:- instead of "cd /usr/bin" i want to to give " bin " and get to that path. I'm using HP-UX 11.0 abey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Basic...

hi, I am pretty new both to unix and this forum, can anyone help me to give shortcuts to my commands... eg:- instead of "cd /usr/bin" i want to to give " bin " and get to that path. I'm using HP-UX 11.0 abey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Bt-basic

Hi Guys, I very new to bt-basic even I got 8 years experience on UNIX. I searched through google about bt-basic but nothing really give me solid documentation. Anybody have documentation or manual for this bt-basic? Pls help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahru
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some basic help

Hi everyone, I need some help! I know that this is a very simple little problem but I seem to be stuck. I was just wondering if you could show me the right way. I basicly have to write a single line of commands (using piping) to do the following: From the file data.txt, select all of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itk
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic if else

I know this is pretty basic, but i cant figure it out to save my life. i want it to ask for a variable, as long as that variable isnt -/0 i want it to print out the area. else if the variable is -/0, i want it to print out invalid entry. the only problem is it will still try to print out the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cookiebooy
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Basic - how do I?

How do I use ls and grep together to count a certain number of files in a directory? -Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: secno
1 Replies

7. Android

Basic Android platform information.

I am thinking of developing an app' for Android mobile devices... Two questions here:- 1) Does anyone _develop_ for the Android _mobile_ platform? If so do you use OSX 10.7.5 or greater as your _development_platform_? 2) I know ********* is gonna say that the Android terminal/shell is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic help

Hi , I need to know the difference between $((command)) and $(command) and $(($(command))). "" and '' and ``. I have tried searching the help files but cant able to find this. Could you let me knoq about any document. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj999
4 Replies
gnome-session-remove(1) 					   User Commands					   gnome-session-remove(1)

NAME
gnome-session-remove - remove session-managed applications SYNOPSIS
gnome-session-remove [--list] [application] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
gnome-session-remove enables you to remove a desktop application from the current desktop session. This means that the specified applica- tion is not restarted automatically during the next desktop session. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --list Display a list of the applications that are currently session-managed. gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: application The name of the application to be removed from the current desktop session. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Listing the Current Session-Managed Applications example% gnome-session-remove --list Currently registered clients: nautilus gnome-panel metacity gnome-smproxy magicdev Example 2: Removing an Application From the Session example% gnome-session-remove nautilus EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-session-rExecutable to remove session-managed applications ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-session | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-session(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Erwann Chenede, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 7 Sep 2004 gnome-session-remove(1)