Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: new account
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers new account Post 26456 by janr on Monday 19th of August 2002 08:53:31 AM
Old 08-19-2002
Question

Do you know how to create a 'normal' user?
because, i don't have a idea what special on your foreign user.

I think you just create a user with the admintool, and create a special group-id for foreign users and specify a disk for the home directories.
And make sure those users can only rwx on there own disk

jr

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Account

!HELLO SIR, Can any one tell how to create a Account in SCOUNIX. By using which commands . and what are steps i should have to follow to create a account. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smdakram
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting an account to be a non-login account automatically?

Is there a way to easily change an account to be a non login account (NP in the shadow) file? I know I can just edit the file but that is not what we want to do. We use access control software and want to provide a way to set an account to be non-login using simple commands that can be mapped... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Account to not lock account if password expires

I have access to 15+ UNIX boxes at work, and I do not consistently log onto all of them over time. When I do try to access one I havent been on in awhile, my account is locked as the password has expired. I need to request to the UNIX SA's that the password expiration is 90 days and that if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stringzz
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Account

How do I delete my account!? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cookie5058
0 Replies

5. Linux

Apply disk quota to account(dedicate 3 GB to account).

Hi , I am faceing lot of problem due to "disk space is not enough". senerio is like as, In system has 5 account. a,b,c,d,e say account c if very critical. Due to other user's data, user 'c' is faceing disk space issue. I want to dedicate 3 GB for user 'c'. No user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokd009
1 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Restart old account, change email for account

Hi there, I may have had a typo in my email previously provided. I have doublechecked my email for Scott's reply but havent seen it, so I am creating a new post. My new email can be either one of these: <removed> or <removed> I beleive my old email was <removed by admin> thanks for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AKelam_MagnusA
1 Replies

7. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Simultaneously try to execute commands after connecting to remote account to one account

I have made password less connection to my remote account. and i tried to execute commands at a time. but i am unable to execute the commands. ssh $ACCOUNT_DETAILS@$HOST_DETAILS cd ~/JEE/*/logs/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kishored005
1 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Verify from one account number to another account number

Hi, Can anyone suggest me for the below steps. Here the index files is nothing but a text file and In index file there are n number of pdf files. Step 0 check out if this is for A(index file) or B(index file) 1. Read the first line of the original index file 2. Read the 9th character... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavand
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

What happens to your skype account if you close outlook.com email account?

Hello, Does anyone know what happens to your skype account if you close the outlook.com email account which are linked together? As you know they are both owned by Microsoft. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
0 Replies
DPNS-SETACL(1)							DPNS User Commands						    DPNS-SETACL(1)

NAME
dpns-setacl - set DPNS directory/file access control lists SYNOPSIS
dpns-setacl [-d] [-m] [-s] acl_entries path... DESCRIPTION
dpns-setacl sets the Access Control List associated with a DPNS directory/file. acl_entries is a comma separated list of entries. Each entry has colon separated fields: ACL type, id (uid or gid), permission. Only direc- tories can have default ACL entries. The entries look like: user::perm user:uid:perm group::perm group:gid:perm mask:perm other:perm default:user::perm default:user:uid:perm default:group::perm default:group:gid:perm default:mask:perm default:other:perm The ACL type can be abbreviated to the first letter. The first "user" entry gives the permissions granted to the owner of the file. The following "user" entries show the permissions granted to specific users, they are sorted in ascending order of uid. The first "group" entry gives the permissions granted to the group owner of the file. The following "group" entries show the permissions granted to specific groups, they are sorted in ascending order of gid. The "mask" entry is the maximum permission granted to specific users or groups. It does not affect the "owner" and "other" permissions. The "mask" entry must be present if there are specific "user" or "group" entries. "default" entries associated with a directory are inherited as access ACL by the files or sub-directories created in that directory. The umask is not used. Sub-directories also inherit the default ACL as default ACL. As soon as there is one default ACL entry, the 3 default ACL base entries (default user, default group, default other) must be present. The entry processing conforms to the Posix 1003.1e draft standard 17. The effective user ID of the process must match the owner of the file or the caller must have ADMIN privilege in the Cupv database. path specifies the DPNS pathname. If path does not start with /, it is prefixed by the content of the DPNS_HOME environment variable. uid can be given as the username or the corresponding numeric id. gid can be given as the groupname or the corresponding numeric id. perm can be expressed as a combination of characters rwx- or as a value between 0 and 7. OPTIONS
-d remove ACL entries. The "perm" field is ignored. -m modify existing ACL entries or add new entries. -s set the ACL entries. The complete set of ACL entries is replaced. EXAMPLES
Let's create a directory: dpns-mkdir /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d6 and add write permission for user bcouturi: dpns-setacl -m u:bcouturi:rwx,m:rwx /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d6 Let's create a directory: dpns-mkdir /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7 and add default ACLs to it: dpns-setacl -m d:u::7,d:g::7,d:o:5 /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7 Let's check the resulting ACLs: dpns-getacl /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7 # file: /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7 # owner: baud # group: c3 user::rwx group::r-x #effective:r-x other::r-x default:user::rwx default:group::rwx default:other::r-x Let's create a sub-directory and check the resulting ACLs: dpns-mkdir /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7/d2 dpns-getacl /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7/d2 # file: /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7/d2 # owner: baud # group: c3 user::rwx group::rwx #effective:rwx other::r-x default:user::rwx default:group::rwx default:other::r-x Let's create a file in the same directory and check the resulting ACLs: dpns-touch /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7/f2 dpns-getacl /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7/f2 # file: /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7/f2 # owner: baud # group: c3 user::rw- group::rw- #effective:rw- other::r-- EXIT STATUS
This program returns 0 if the operation was successful or >0 if the operation failed. SEE ALSO
Castor_limits(4), dpns_chmod(3), dpns_chown(3), Cupvlist(1) AUTHOR
LCG Grid Deployment Team DPNS
$Date: 2003/08/26 06:21:13 $ DPNS-SETACL(1)