Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic information please.
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Basic information please. Post 26426 by Sleeper =RG= on Saturday 17th of August 2002 04:26:33 PM
Old 08-17-2002
Question Basic information please.

Good day all.
I was glad to find this site. I am not new to computing as I have been in the field sense 1986 but my experience has almost all been with Windows systems. I garbed a book and managed to get a UNIX box running FreeBSD for my mail server and I'm serving 3 web sites off of two Win-98 systems and I have a block of IP's.

I have two partners in the business, One in EU and one nine states away. I am looking for a way for them to be able to access the UNIX systems here from there windows systems to admin it.

I am in the process of learning how to move the web hosting to the UNIX box so it is all in one place as I understand one can assign the different domains that are pointed to different IP's and UNIX can sort them out.

I just do not readily see the best interface for a Win-98 system to admin the UNIX box. Can you all help me out here?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic

hi, I am pretty new both to unix and this forum, can anyone help me to give shortcuts to my commands... eg:- instead of "cd /usr/bin" i want to to give " bin " and get to that path. I'm using HP-UX 11.0 abey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Basic...

hi, I am pretty new both to unix and this forum, can anyone help me to give shortcuts to my commands... eg:- instead of "cd /usr/bin" i want to to give " bin " and get to that path. I'm using HP-UX 11.0 abey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Bt-basic

Hi Guys, I very new to bt-basic even I got 8 years experience on UNIX. I searched through google about bt-basic but nothing really give me solid documentation. Anybody have documentation or manual for this bt-basic? Pls help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahru
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some basic help

Hi everyone, I need some help! I know that this is a very simple little problem but I seem to be stuck. I was just wondering if you could show me the right way. I basicly have to write a single line of commands (using piping) to do the following: From the file data.txt, select all of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itk
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic if else

I know this is pretty basic, but i cant figure it out to save my life. i want it to ask for a variable, as long as that variable isnt -/0 i want it to print out the area. else if the variable is -/0, i want it to print out invalid entry. the only problem is it will still try to print out the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cookiebooy
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Basic - how do I?

How do I use ls and grep together to count a certain number of files in a directory? -Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: secno
1 Replies

7. Android

Basic Android platform information.

I am thinking of developing an app' for Android mobile devices... Two questions here:- 1) Does anyone _develop_ for the Android _mobile_ platform? If so do you use OSX 10.7.5 or greater as your _development_platform_? 2) I know ********* is gonna say that the Android terminal/shell is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic help

Hi , I need to know the difference between $((command)) and $(command) and $(($(command))). "" and '' and ``. I have tried searching the help files but cant able to find this. Could you let me knoq about any document. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj999
4 Replies
DtInfoLib(file format)													    DtInfoLib(file format)

NAME
DtInfoLib -- collection of book cases for browsing with dtinfo SYNOPSIS
DtInfo_LoadInfoLib Criteria: DATA_ATTRIBUTES_NAME: DtInfoLib NAME_PATTERN: ?*.dti* CONTENT: 0 filename .oli MODE: d|l LINK_NAME: ?*.dti* Attributes: TYPE_LABEL: DtInfoLib DESCRIPTION: On-line documentation for the Information Manager. ICON: Dtinlib PROPERTIES: NULL ACTIONS: Open IS_TEXT: false (could be true for criteria 2 match) INSTANCE_ICON Field: [available for publisher-supplied or user's infolib icon] DESCRIPTION
DtInfoLib is a desktop object representing a collection of book cases of documents that can be accessed through the CDE Information Man- ager. DtInfoLib data criteria and data attributes are identified for use by desktop facilities. These are part of the CDE built-in data types. DtInfoLib is a directory that contains the collection of book cases available for a given information library. The contents of the DtIn- foLib directory are not visible to the end-user through the desktop. The DtInfoLib object can be launched directly by double-clicking on the associated icon or by dragging the icon on to the Information Manager icon in the File Manager or on the Front Panel. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
If defined, the environment variable DTINFOLIBSEARCHPATH may be used to find the default infolib (or infolibs) for the system. If provided, the dtinfo command line argument given with the -l option overrides the environment. If none of the other path mechanisms are used, the browser uses the standard CDE path. ACTIONS
/MESSAGES Double-clicking on the DtInfoLib object, or selecting Open from the objects select menu invokes the Open action on the object. FILES
The default location for the desktop on line documentation library is /usr/dt/infolib/%L. SEE ALSO
dtinfo(1), dtinfogen(1), dtinfoBook.dtd - dtinfoBookdtd(5), DtMmdbBookCaseGetInfo(3), DtMmdbInfoLibInfo(5) DtInfoLib(file format)