Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory SCIO Unix Filesystem type - Urgent Post 26387 by paprch on Friday 16th of August 2002 07:59:34 AM
Old 08-16-2002
i think you are using different Host Bus Adapter, Try getting the correct HBA diver from Net. Hope this solves ur problemSmilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

you have more and one unix type?

As a formem unix newbe I Just wanted to tell you about this cool site for all you confused people. If you need to support more than one unix type: Use this one. It's a life saver. http://www.unixguide.net/unixguide.shtml here (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunbird
4 Replies

2. AIX

(URGENT) Mounting JFS2 FileSystem on AIX 4.3

Hi Every body, I created Volume Group & FileSystem of type JFS2 with size 1.3 TB on AIX 5.2. I want to import this VG on another system AIX 4.3. It is imported successfully & I can varyon the VG but unfourtantly I couldn't mount the FileSystem. Is it possible to mount a JFS2 FileSystem on AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

3. Programming

Platform type in Unix

Hi all, How does one get the platform type in UNIX (for e.g. sparc/i386)? I need an function call and not the command like uname -p. thanks! (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent:FileSystem Check Script

This script monitors a FileSystem named /Monthly and send a page; works great but I need to monitor /Daily/All ....Im getting Syntax Error MSG=`df -Ik|awk '$6~/Monthly$/{gsub("%"," "); if ($5>20){print "FS:Monthly filesystem is "$5"%"}}'` if then echo $MSG | mail 2149724690@mobilecomm.net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Openware
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I know what type of shells are available in my Unix system?

How do I know what type of shells are available in my Unix system? Are there a single command or environment variable that can let me find that out? Best regards, John Chan (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuhang2
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX kernel type?

Hai guys,This is my first question. What type of UNIX kernel is? (W.K.T linux kernel is monolithic) Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felicia23
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix version/type

Hi, How can I find out what unix I am using? Thanks C19 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check which type of storage is used in unix

SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-15 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5240 how can i check the storage type being used in unix solaris sparc system? please help me its urgnet.. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aesgs
1 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to check which type of storage is used in unix

how can i check the storage type being used in unix solaris sparc system? please help me its urgnet.. thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aesgs
4 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Type of UNIX applications

Hello, We are planning a migration from UNIX (HP-UX, AIX, Solaris) to Linux on AZURE. I know it sounds like extremely complicated :( That's why we need your help :) We are at the beggining of stage. We need to categorize the types of applications (software) that generally runs on UNIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anton.robidson
3 Replies
HBA_RefreshInformation(3HBAAPI) 	      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions		   HBA_RefreshInformation(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_RefreshInformation, HBA_RefreshAdapterConfiguration - refresh information for a specific HBA SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> void HBA_RefreshInformation(HBA_HANDLE handle); void HBA_RefreshAdapterConfiguration(void); PARAMETERS
handle an open handle returned from HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) DESCRIPTION
The HBA_RefreshInformation() function requests that the underlying VSL reload all information about the given HBA. This function should be called whenever any function returns HBA_STATUS_ERROR_STALE_DATA, or if an index that was previously valid returns HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLE- GAL_INDEX. Because the underlying VSL can reset all indexes relating to the HBA, all old index values must be discarded by the caller. The HBA_RefreshAdapterConfiguration() function updates information about the HBAs present on the system. This function does not change any of the relationships between the HBA API and adapters that have not been reconfigured. HBA handles continue to refer to the same HBA even if it is no longer installed. The HBA name or index assigned by the library remains assigned to the same HBA even if it has been removed and reinstalled, as long as the bus position, WWN, and OS device have not changed. Adapter that have been removed and not replaced cannot have their HBA handles, HBA names, and HBA indexes reassigned. Calls to these adapters will generate HBA_STATUS_ERROR_UNAVAILABLE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API version 1) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 (API ver- | | |sion 2) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.11 1 Sep 2003 HBA_RefreshInformation(3HBAAPI)