Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Need someone to help, MySQL problem, no root access Post 26362 by _hp_ on Thursday 15th of August 2002 08:12:43 PM
Old 08-15-2002
One problem though.... I can't shutdown from my account. No way. I can't do the thing described there. The owner of the server has given consent, so you will not be arrested or sumthin.

This calls for a real hacker....

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. Linux

how to access root priveliges if root password is lost

wish to know how to access root password it root password is forgotten in linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

Regarding Mysql access

hello forum members, I want to know ,how to access mysql from linux terminal as i have seen from mysql forums and followed the procedure but iam getting 2002 error code. so please let me know how to connect mysql. Thanks & Regards Siva Ranganath. 9000263232 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give root access to non root user?

Currently in my system Red Hat is installed. And Many user connect to my machine via SSH Techia Terminal. I want to give some users a root level access. Can anyone please help me how to make it possible. I too searched on the Google but didn't find the correct way Regards ADI (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
4 Replies

6. SuSE

Auditors want more security with root to root access via ssh keys

I access over 100 SUSE SLES servers as root from my admin server, via ssh sessions using ssh keys, so I don't have to enter a password. My SUSE Admin server is setup in the following manner: 1) Remote root access is turned off in the sshd_config file. 2) I am the only user of this admin... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvbell
6 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Root access that can't change root password?

We are having a little problem on a server. We want that some users should be able to do e.g. sudo and become root, but with the restriction that the user can't change root password. That is, a guarantee that we still can login to that server and become root no matter of what the other users will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 244an
2 Replies
MYSQLDUMPSLOW(1)					       MySQL Database System						  MYSQLDUMPSLOW(1)

NAME
mysqldumpslow - Summarize slow query log files SYNOPSIS
mysqldumpslow [options] [log_file ...] DESCRIPTION
The MySQL slow query log contains information about queries that take a long time to execute (see Section 5.2.5, "The Slow Query Log"). mysqldumpslow parses MySQL slow query log files and prints a summary of their contents. Normally, mysqldumpslow groups queries that are similar except for the particular values of number and string data values. It "abstracts" these values to N and 'S' when displaying summary output. The -a and -n options can be used to modify value abstracting behavior. Invoke mysqldumpslow like this: shell> mysqldumpslow [options] [log_file ...] mysqldumpslow supports the following options. o --help Display a help message and exit. o -a Do not abstract all numbers to N and strings to 'S'. o --debug, -d Run in debug mode. o -g pattern Consider only queries that match the (grep-style) pattern. o -h host_name Host name of MySQL server for *-slow.log file name. The value can contain a wildcare. The default is * (match all). o -i name Name of server instance (if using mysql.server startup script). o -l Do not subtract lock time from total time. o -n N Abstract numbers with at least N digits within names. o -r Reverse the sort order. o -s sort_type How to sort the output. The value of sort_type should be chosen from the following list: o t, at: Sort by query time or average query time o l, al: Sort by lock time or average lock time o s, as: Sort by rows sent or average rows sent o c: Sort by count o -t N Display only the first N queries in the output. o --verbose, -v Verbose mode. Print more information about what the program does. Example of usage: shell> mysqldumpslow Reading mysql slow query log from /usr/local/mysql/data/mysqld51-apple-slow.log Count: 1 Time=4.32s (4s) Lock=0.00s (0s) Rows=0.0 (0), root[root]@localhost insert into t2 select * from t1 Count: 3 Time=2.53s (7s) Lock=0.00s (0s) Rows=0.0 (0), root[root]@localhost insert into t2 select * from t1 limit N Count: 3 Time=2.13s (6s) Lock=0.00s (0s) Rows=0.0 (0), root[root]@localhost insert into t1 select * from t1 COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQLDUMPSLOW(1)