Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User log in info
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users User log in info Post 26238 by peter.herlihy on Tuesday 13th of August 2002 07:52:16 PM
Old 08-13-2002
A couple of workarounds here, but ideally you would want to use the last file.

You might want to think about truncating the last file upto a certain period instead of removing the whole file - that way you'd always have enough data in there to assess whether you want to delete or not.

Or you could find a list of .profile files that were last accessed greater than a certain period of time....

Or you could add a variable to the .profile file for each user that sets say 'last_accessed=date'. Then you could parse the .profile files and find ones that have old dates. Each time a user signed in the variable would be updated - so if it's an old date it means they haven't logged in for a while.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

? on xferring user info from one sys to another

I've been setting up a duplicate system to replace an ailing ultra 2, same os version, same file & directory structure, same databases, now I just wanted to doublecheck that for user info, to copy over exact user login info, i need to copy the etc/passwd, etc/group and etc/shadow files. THis will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting user info on a file

I know this is prob a simple question but anyway here goes. I want to find out the owner of a certain file. I also want to find out what permissions that owner has. Is their any command that is similair to file in that it can tell men this specfic information about a file the way file tells you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Quesa
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Info

How could I get the details about a user logged in a Unix system? ( WHat tasks did he perform or if he had changed any file or not)? Please answer my question. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_dhar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scripting for user accounts info in UX

Hi guys, May I know how do I list out in UX for - all existing user accounts; sorted by activated/disabled - primary/sec groups of each user - date when the user accounts are created, - user last logon date - last password change date Anyone had done scripting for these info?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: doom10
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update LDIF User info based on Test User Certs ID's

Hi I need help.......... I have an Sun One Directory server LDIF file with 5000 user entries, I need to change the data to match Test ID's, so I can run a perf test. I'm way out of my league as I have not done any scripting for 10 years. There are four entries for each user in the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Macdaddy99
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prompt user for info

Please forgive this newbie question. I have a need to create a script that asks a user for information. Something like: What is the name: $NAME_TYPED_HERE Is $NAME_TYPED_HERE Correct ? YES (NO would go back to -What is the Name-) mkdir then goes on behind the scene and makes folder called... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crowman
1 Replies

7. Linux

Could not get info for user -- wbinfo

Hi Experts, I'm not able to get the info of user's from wbinfo. But I'm able to join the user in domain(net rpc join -U username....). I have deleted the *.tdb file under /var/lib/smaba and set winbind cache time = 40 and restarted the winbind, Still it not works.. And not able to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeegopikannan
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Printing the user and group info

Hi All, i want to collect all the users info whose id greater than 999 and print the groups information which they belong. example : for user in $(cut -d: -f1,3 /etc/passwd | egrep ':{4}$' | cut -d: -f1); do groups $user; done centos : centos adm wheel systemd-journal balu : balu ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
2 Replies
AA-GENPROF(8)							     AppArmor							     AA-GENPROF(8)

NAME
aa-genprof - profile generation utility for AppArmor SYNOPSIS
aa-genprof <executable> [-d /path/to/profiles] OPTIONS
-d --dir /path/to/profiles Specifies where to look for the AppArmor security profile set. Defaults to /etc/apparmor.d. DESCRIPTION
When running aa-genprof, you must specify a program to profile. If the specified program is not a fully-qualified path, aa-genprof will search $PATH in order to find the program. If a profile does not exist for the program, aa-genprof will create one using aa-autodep(1). Genprof will then: - set the profile to complain mode - write a mark to the system log - instruct the user to start the application to be profiled in another window and exercise its functionality It then presents the user with two options, (S)can system log for entries to add to profile and (F)inish. If the user selects (S)can or hits return, aa-genprof will parse the complain mode logs and iterate through generated violations using aa-logprof(1). After the user finishes selecting profile entries based on violations that were detected during the program execution, aa-genprof will reload the updated profiles in complain mode and again prompt the user for (S)can and (D)one. This cycle can then be repeated as necessary until all application functionality has been exercised without generating access violations. When the user eventually hits (F)inish, aa-genprof will set the main profile, and any other profiles that were generated, into enforce mode and exit. BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa-enforce(1), aa-complain(1), aa-disable(1), aa_change_hat(2), aa-logprof(1), logprof.conf(5), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 AA-GENPROF(8)