Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Batch FTP Command file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX Batch FTP Command file Post 26215 by pietro on Tuesday 13th of August 2002 04:48:27 PM
Old 08-13-2002
Yes, I just ftp's to the AS/400.

I am trying to run the batch file from a telnet session. I've navigated to the directory where my batch file is. I do a ls and I see the file (p7f800.bat). But when I try running it

Machina:/directory > p7f800.bat

I get:

ksh: p7f800.bat: not found

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Pietro.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Batch files and FTP under Unix

Hey all, Does anyone know if Unix has an equivalent to a batch file? And if so, does it work the same way as a batch file under windows? AND, if you can answer that one, is it possible to run such a file under HP-UX and have it execute while in an FTP command line? What I need to do is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

batch file equivalent for Unix

i was trying to do a simple batch file equivalent in Unix when i write a single command in a file, give executable permissions and run it (i gave the file name as a command at the prompt), it works fine. but when i have more than 1 command, say my file has a.out ls ls a.out it doesnt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing *.bat file on windows from Unix box via ftp command

I have created get_list.bat file containing following line: dir /B /O-d >file_list.txt I am executing ftp command from Unix box and transferring get_list.bat file to windows server. In my next ftp command I am trying to execute this test.bat file by entering this line: get_list or by... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alx
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Batch FTP - SAS

Hi All, Im trying to write a Unix FTP batch file within a program called SAS. Now i already have one for windows which works fine, but it doesnt work within unix. I've been told that some of the commands are different from Windows to Unix, and ive looked round and am completely stumped... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shenniko
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch file to Get New Files Only through FTP

Hi there I want to create a batch file which Get (mget) the newly added Files only, from specific directory on UNIX server to local folder on windows server through FTP, and this batch file will be scheduled to run daily to load the new files. help me plz :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alsharq
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch file to Get New Files Only through FTP

Hi there I want to create a batch file which Get (mget) the newly added Files only from specific directory on UNIX server to specific folder on windows server using FTP, and this batch file will be scheduled on the windows server to run daily to load the new files (load the newly added files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alsharq
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Batch command, and running jobs in queues.

Hello all, I have a quick question. I work in a computational science laboratory, and we recently got a few mac pros to do molecular optimizations on. However, on our normal supercomputers, there are queue systems, mainly PBS. Anyway, the macs obviously don't have PBS, but I've read about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: corrado33
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a batch file containing ftp commands??

hi, is there a way i can execute a batch file containing ftp commands like we execute sftp batch file. sftp -b batchfile user@server > output how to create a batch file for ftp executing command and how to run the batch file from a shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP batch file suddenly stopped working

Hello, we have a UNIX system the runs our business data. We have 4 users that use a particular batch command file to extract data for use in the Windows side of the fence: (despreg.bat) ftp ftp> open danapak (database name) connected to danapak ftp> user ccsb password ccsb ftp>... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick_Dundee
29 Replies
NTFSPROGS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      NTFSPROGS(8)

NAME
libntfs-gnomevfs - Module for GNOME VFS that allows access to NTFS filesystems. OVERVIEW
The GNOME virtual filesystem (VFS) provides universal access to different filesystems. The libntfs-gnomevfs module enables GNOME VFS aware clients to seamlessly utilize the NTFS library libntfs. So you can access an NTFS filesystem without needing to use the NTFS utilities themselves (at least in theory anyway). In practice this is probably more useful for programs and programmers to make using libntfs easier, more generic, and to allow easier debugging of libntfs. Examples Prerequisites To be able to follow these examples you will need to have installed the test utilities from the gnome-vfs-2.4.x package. The easiest way to do this is to download and compile the gnome-vfs-2 package, e.g. download from: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/desktop/2.4/2.4.0/sources/gnome-vfs-2.4.0.tar.gz Then run ./configure followed by make and make install (as root). This will install it into /usr/local so it should not conflict with your existing installation from rpm or deb packages which will be in /usr. Note you may also need to add /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and then run ldconfig (as root) to let your system see the installed gnome- vfs-2.4.x libraries. Then run ./configure followed by make and make install (as root) in the main ntfsprogs directory to build and install the libntfs-gnomevfs module and libntfs library which is used by the module. Copying a file from an NTFS partition To copy the file autoexec.bat from the main directory of an NTFS partition (/dev/hda1) to the /tmp directory on your system you could run: /path/to/gnome-vfs-2.4.x/test/test-xfer file:///dev/hda1#libntfs:/autoexec.bat /tmp/autoexec.bat To copy a file from a directory inside the NTFS partition you would just specify the full path. So for example to copy the file win.ini from the Windows directory you would run: /path/to/gnome-vfs-2.4.x/test/test-xfer file:///dev/hda1#libntfs:/Windows/win.ini /tmp/win.ini Shell access to an NTFS partition For debugging it is most useful to be able to do various things to the NTFS partition while it is being operated upon by libntfs. This is achieved using the test-shell utility (from the gnome-vfs-2.4.x package) by running: /path/to/gnome-vfs-2.4.x/test/test-shell This drops you into the GNOME VFS shell from where you can now cd into the NTFS partition (/dev/hda1) by typing: cd file:///dev/hda1#lib- ntfs:/ You are now in the root directory of the NTFS partition. The first thing you will probably want to do is to type "ls" to display the directory contents. You could then change directories using the "cd" command, e.g. to enter the Windows directory you would type: cd Windows You can then open files, seek inside files, read from files (write is not enabled at present), etc thus exercising large portions of the NTFS library. Use the "help" command while in the shell to see the available commands. BUGS
No bugs are known but there are several limitations at the moment: You cannot get information about files other than what the "ls" command in the test-shell can give you, i.e. the "info" command in the test-shell does not work. Further access to the partition is read-only and hence you cannot write to files. This will be changed in the future once the module has had more wide testing. There may be other limitations and possibly bugs. Please report any problems to the NTFS mailing list: linux-ntfs-dev@lists.source- forge.net AUTHORS
The libntfs-gnomevfs module was written by Jan Kratochvil. This man page was written by Anton Altaparmakov. AVAILABILITY
The ntfsprogs package which contains the libntfs-gnomevfs module can be downloaded from http://www.linux-ntfs.org/content/view/19/37/ These manual pages can be viewed online at http://man.linux-ntfs.org/ntfsprogs.8.html SEE ALSO
ntfsprogs(8) Linux-NTFS version 1.13.1 November 2003 NTFSPROGS(8)