Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory trashed etc.... what can i do? Post 26198 by sven on Tuesday 13th of August 2002 11:26:14 AM
Old 08-13-2002
trashed etc.... what can i do?

hi,

first of all i am using mac os x, so unix is only in the background, but i hope someone here can help me. ok, i use a powerbook with os 9 and os x on it. while i was in os 9 i could see some files on my desktop and one was the folder etc. i trashed some temp files an (don't know really why) also trashed the etc (now i know what it is). when i rebooted i only came to the unix point and the message appeared "/etc/master.passwd: no such file or directory". i found the etc folder in the trash stuff. but the problem is that i can not move the folder up, cause i am not logged in. but i can not log in, cause unix won't find the password file! what can i do to get out of this loop!!!!
thnaks a lot for your help!

sven

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. HP-UX

Pid killed due to trashed stack

Hi when im running an application in load im getting pid 2433 killed due to trashed stack Pid 2433 was killed due to failure in writing the signal context. when we ll get this type of problem.any solnnnn plz give reply this is my system config: HP-UX devusp2 B.11.11 U 9000/800... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pramod123
1 Replies
HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)

NAME
hp-search-mac -- HP switch search tool. DESCRIPTION
HP-search-MAC is an util that can query HP switches for their connection table. It then allow you to search for a MAC address and tell you where it is physically connected (best match first). . The functionality is similar to traceroute but on Ethernet level and only for HP switches. USAGE
hp-search-mac [options] [MAC] [...] OPTIONS
hp-search-mac [options] mac [ [options] mac ] [...] options: --dl n Set debug level to n. --help Print this help. --hostname host[=>community] | -h host[=>community] Set a switch name to search. You can also set this in /etc/hp-search-mac.conf or ~/.hp-search-mac.conf. The hash to set is \%switches. Mac: You can use some different formats: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff (hex) ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff (hex) 0.123.0.12.0.12.0 (dec) CONFIGURATION: \%switches: This is a normal perl hash of the form \%switches = ("host" => "community", ...); AUTHOR
Ola Lundqvist <ola@inguza.com> SEE ALSO
snmp-walk(1) snmp-get(1) hp-search-mac Mon Apr 7 21:21:44 CEST 2008 HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)