Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX backups
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX backups Post 26118 by saood on Monday 12th of August 2002 07:12:33 AM
Old 08-12-2002
hi,
i m working on SOLARIS 8 and want to know how back ups can be taken using DLT's

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backups

I have been using the hostdump.sh backup script for over a year now and have recently run into a problem. I'm now getting the following error at the end of my jobs; /bin/mt -f: error fsf'ing tape. This script uses the native 'ufsdump'. So, I try to go back and read the last dump on the tape... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backups

When using hostdump.sh to backup a system I can do it fine. But how can I restore what I backuped up? :) Thx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backups.

Hello everyone my ? is about backups. I'am running SCO OS 505 and currently backing up the hole HD. Well the back up is taking too long and this is becoming a problem for the users since we are a 24-7 bussines, I whant stop backing up every thing on the HD. What are the most important files and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kikkin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restoring backups

okay.. pple.. say now i got an aix box. of course i could restore a backup done in aix environment. 1) now how about doing a restore from sun, hp from the aix box.? 2) can we install a sun, hp os into an aix box? 3) if (1) prohibits, then how about doing an sun, hp os installation on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Backups too CD

I've been handed the task of backing up some of our system files on a Solaris box. No probs. Zipped the logs that needed backing up but my superiors do not want it on tape, they want it spanned on CD's. The CD-Writer is available on a MS box. FTP'd the zipped logs across too the MS Machine but now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mccrack_2003
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating UNIX backups?

Hi all, I'm quite limited in UNIX unfortunately for me, and need to find a solution to something thats giving me headaches every morning. We need to make daily backups of a server we have in the office every morning, as well as then FTPing the created backup files over to a specific FTP address... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: de049
3 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Oracle 9i - Backups

Is there a way to backup an Oracle 9i database without the use of OEM and OMS? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adelsin
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Differential or Incremental backups in Unix

Hi, Just wanted to know is there any way that we can take differential or incremental backups in Unix(Solaris/AIX/Linux or Hpunix).What is the procedure. Is any doc avaialble on this? Its urgent and any help/suggestions would be highly appreciable. Regards, Ravi Dwivedi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
3 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 6.1 Backups

Hello, I've got multiple AIX LPARs running on VIOS, within a blade environment. I need to dump a mksysb backup to backup rootvg and a couple of other volume groups. mksysb -i "destination"; works however I'd like to make sure its being done correctly. on the other volume groups, ive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollie01
2 Replies
UPSCLI_LIST_START(3)						    NUT Manual						      UPSCLI_LIST_START(3)

NAME
upscli_list_start - begin multi-item retrieval from a UPS SYNOPSIS
#include <upsclient.h> int upscli_list_start(UPSCONN_t *ups, int numq, const char **query) DESCRIPTION
The upscli_list_start() function takes the pointer ups to a UPSCONN_t state structure, and the pointer query to an array of numq query elements. It builds a properly-formatted request from those elements and transmits it to upsd(8). Upon success, the caller must call upscli_list_next(3) to retrieve the elements of the list. Failure to retrieve the list will most likely result in the client getting out of sync with the server due to buffered data. USES
This function implements the "LIST" command in the protocol. As a result, you can use it to request many different things from the server. Some examples are: o LIST UPS o LIST VAR <ups> o LIST RW <ups> o LIST CMD <ups> o LIST ENUM <ups> <var> o LIST RANGE <ups> <var> QUERY FORMATTING
To see the list of variables on a UPS called su700, the protocol command would be LIST VAR su700. To start that list with this function, you would populate query and numq as follows: int numq; const char *query[2]; query[0] = "VAR"; query[1] = "su700"; numq = 2; All escaping of special characters and quoting of elements with spaces are handled for you inside this function. ERROR CHECKING
This function checks the response from upsd(8) against your query. If it is not starting a list, or is starting the wrong type of list, it will return an error code. When this happens, upscli_upserror(3) will return UPSCLI_ERR_PROTOCOL. RETURN VALUE
The upscli_list_start() function returns 0 on success, or -1 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
upscli_fd(3), upscli_get(3), upscli_readline(3), upscli_sendline(3), upscli_ssl(3), upscli_strerror(3), upscli_upserror(3) Network UPS Tools 05/31/2012 UPSCLI_LIST_START(3)