Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pro*C Compiler HELP!!!!!
Top Forums Programming Pro*C Compiler HELP!!!!! Post 26110 by killerserv on Monday 12th of August 2002 05:07:57 AM
Old 08-12-2002
I tried to check the Oracle site and found out this. for your problem, there is two situation which causes the error.

Your installation is probably broken in one of two ways:
1)You do not have the correct version of the oracle client installed from that version of Pro*C or it is in an incomplete install.
2)You are attempting to output the error/output file to a place where you DO NOT have write permissions. The default directory is where ever the Pro*C precompiler executable loads from (which may be a network drive).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c compiler

What can I do if my unix didn't come with cc or gcc. there must be a place to get those programs. Just not where i can find them:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hector
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CC compiler

Hi, If you you have CC installed, then where does it defaultly lives. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

domain logon problem - FreeBSD PDC w/ win2k pro and winxp pro

this is the seventh problem i'm having with samba. for some reason, i cannot logon to the domain. i've created user accounts... and i was able to establish a connection between the samba server (my PDC) and my workstations by logging in as "root." however now when i try to logon it gives... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

4. Programming

C compiler

I'm new to C but eager to get started. I purchasewd beginning C by Ivor Horton and realise that I need a C compiler. I looking for the most appropriate and economical way to obtain this, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ferret
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

Looking for a free Pro C compiler

Hi does anybody know where I could get a free HP Unix Pro C Compiler? any website? Thanks for your help Dany (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dany
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xl C/C++ compiler to GCC compiler

Hi, we are converting from IBM-AIX(xl c/c++ compiler) to Linux(GCC complier). As a part of this i need to change the CFLAGS. The xl c/c++ complier CFLAGS is CFLAGS := $(CDEBUG) $(PROJECT_INCLUDE_DIRS) $(COBJECT_MODE) -qcpluscmt -qmakedep -qcheck=all \ -qalign=bit_packed $(LINT_FLAGS)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbattu1
0 Replies

7. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc compiler and gcc compiler

hi, can we install gcc compiler in unix based OS(sun solar,IBM AIX,HP,etc) and also can we install sun cc compiler in AIX environment and vice versa. and more ..is linux support cc compiler regards Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
3 Replies
HF77(1) 							     LAM TOOLS								   HF77(1)

NAME
hf77, mpif77 - Compile LAM FORTRAN programs. SYNTAX
hf77 [-showme] ... see f77(1) (or whatever your underlying FORTRAN compiler is) for all other options. DESCRIPTION
hf77 is a convenience wrapper for the local native FORTRAN compiler. Translation of a LAM program requires the linkage of the LAM essen- tial services libraries which may not reside in one of the standard search directories of ld(1). hf77 passes its arguments along to the local native FORTRAN compiler along with the -L and -l options required by LAM/MPI programs. This includes all necessary options for ROMIO and/or C++ bindings support (if ROMIO/C++ support was included when LAM was compiled). mpif77 is now the same as hf77. See the NOTES section, below. By default, hf77 uses the FORTRAN compiler that was selected when LAM was configured (with the --with-fc flag to ./configure) as the local native FORTRAN compiler, but this can be overridden by the LAMHF77 environment variable. OPTIONS
-showme Does not invoke the underlying FORTRAN compiler. Instead, it shows the command line that would be executed to compile the FORTRAN program. NOTES
Previous versions of hf77 did not automatically link in the MPI library. Starting with LAM version 6.3, since hf77 has become the de facto LAM FORTRAN compiler, the -lmpi option is now automatically passed to the underlying compiler when linking LAM/MPI programs. Previous versions of LAM included the mpif77 wrapper script to automatically pass -lmpi to hf77. This script is now obsolete since hf77 now includes -lmpi automatically. mpif77 is now a symbolic link to hf77 to ensure backward compatibility. SEE ALSO
f77(1), ld(1), lam-helpfile(1) LAM 6.5.8 November, 2002 HF77(1)