Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gnome focus
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Gnome focus Post 25984 by Esaia on Thursday 8th of August 2002 02:05:26 PM
Old 08-08-2002
MySQL

remove the "raise and pass-thru" binding on window clicks in sawfish-ui.

Smilie

Have fun!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send a key to a windows without focus

Hi, i found xte and xdotool for sending some keys to windowed applications but they need to have the focus on it. Can someone say me if i can do the same but wihtout focusing the window i want to type something ? edit: xreplay (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linked
0 Replies

2. Programming

Focus on already running process by giving ID or name?

Is this possible to be done with C++ ? I am working on Qt Creator by I didn't find any working setFocus function or something. Can you help me a bit? Thank you. The program actually checks if there is a process of this program already running and if there is it exits. I want to make it focus on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting a program without it stealing focus

Hi all I have a java program I'm starting in Mac os from the terminal using the command java -Djava.library.path=/Users/me/Desktop/Cfiles/DynamicCTGLayout/build/Release -jar However, when I do this, my current program I'm using becomes "deselected" and the java program's GUI becomes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhiteTiger
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome

Hi I'm looking for scripts to backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Learning System Administration: What to focus on?

In the fall I am taking courses in System Admin and Networking Admin, along with Cisco classes. Sometime next year I hope to get Red Hat and CCNA certifications, then try to get some experience and a job. I am wondering what I can focus on in the meantime (and in my spare time) that will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ScottLew
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor keypresses without focus?

Hi all, I'm new to Linux, been at it a couple weeks. I have written a script that basically acts as a watchdog to ping a server on a set interval, make sure chromium-browser is running, and a couple other things (it displays data via web browser). I'd like to make it stop the script when I hit... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: strategery
4 Replies
raise(n)                                                       Tk Built-In Commands                                                       raise(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
raise - Change a window's position in the stacking order SYNOPSIS
raise window ?aboveThis? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If the aboveThis argument is omitted then the command raises window so that it is above all of its siblings in the stacking order (it will not be obscured by any siblings and will obscure any siblings that overlap it). If aboveThis is specified then it must be the path name of a window that is either a sibling of window or the descendant of a sibling of window. In this case the raise command will insert window into the stacking order just above aboveThis (or the ancestor of aboveThis that is a sibling of window); this could end up either raising or lowering window. EXAMPLE
Make a button appear to be in a sibling frame that was created after it. This is is often necessary when building GUIs in the style where you create your activity widgets first before laying them out on the display: button .b -text "Hi there!" pack [frame .f -background blue] pack [label .f.l1 -text "This is above"] pack .b -in .f pack [label .f.l2 -text "This is below"] raise .b SEE ALSO
lower(n) KEYWORDS
obscure, raise, stacking order Tk 3.3 raise(n)