Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Enterprise 4500 Question
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Enterprise 4500 Question Post 25928 by fivestyle on Wednesday 7th of August 2002 04:56:32 PM
Old 08-07-2002
Java

To my knowledge, as long as there is no keyboard plugged in, the serial port will automatically be used for input/output.

As for the pin-out: I know terminal concentrator vendors (such as Digi) sometimes require you to use their connectors. These generally run for around $20 or so per. I am not familiar with what you are running, but checking with the manufacturer of the device is always a great place to start. Unfortunately, their response may very well be: "Spend more money". In that case, you may want to try the DB25-to-RJ45 adapter that comes with most any Cisco product (labeled: MODEM CAB-5MODCM). This generally works for laptop-to-Sun connections.

Hope this is of value.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enterprise level permissions question?

Can someone give me an example of Enterprise level permissions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Trouble installing solaris 9 on 4500

I have a enterprise 4500 sun box. I installed 2 new 72 gb drives to replace the 2 x 9 gb drives that were in it. I have the solaris 9 install disk in it and when i do a boot cdrom it starts then says: panic - boot: ufsboot: cannot determine filesystem type of root device. Any suggestions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Enterprise 4500 DVD-ROM

Hello, We have a Sun Enterprise 4500. I checked the product manual from SUN's site and it says it has a DVD-ROM. I downloaded Solaris 10 DVD image and burned it to a DVD and put it into the box but I don't see anyting in the /cdrom folder. Is there a command I can use to confirm if I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zafyil
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Using Enterprise 4500 with storedge D100 and storedge A5200

Sorry if this seems trivial. i have been given a task at work to configure a sun processing server "enterprise 4500" so it can work with the a storage server "storedge A5200" and "storedge D1000" the truth is i have never worked on a sun server before. i need a guideline (step by step) as to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawalidowu
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Ultra Enterprise 4500 not booting

Hi, I hope anyone could help me on this. Here we have an Ultra Enterprise 4500 server. Since a few days ago, when starting the system, it showed a message about a faulty CPU fan. So, we manage to clean it up by removing it and then installing it back (as in the user manual). After that, when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lonchus
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Question concerning enterprise ftp/sftp solutions

Would any of you have any good experiences, recommendations here. We are basically looking for a one stop solution for ftp/sftp including key and encryption management. FTP/S and any HA functionality would be a great bonus. Cheers! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eronysis
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 on Enterprise 4500 install problem

Good day, I am dummie on solaris and trying learning about Solaris, so no much experience, this is my problem, I got enterprise 4500 SUN Sparc hardware, has 2 internal SCSI HD, when I try to install Solaris 10 says that "no disk found" at middle of installation, I already change the HD and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgargarcia_y2k
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Congratulations RudiC for completing 4500 THANKS in forums.

Hello All, I would like to take this opportunity to CONGRATULATE RudiC sir, (on behalf of all of us); please join your hands with me for congratulating RudiC sir for completing 4500 THANKS in forums. He is a GREAT ASSET in this forums and from years and years he is giving NICE, QUICK, Innovative... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
8 Replies
cvcd(1M)                                                  System Administration Commands                                                  cvcd(1M)

NAME
cvcd - virtual console daemon SYNOPSIS
/platform/platform_name/cvcd DESCRIPTION
The virtual console daemon, cvcd, is a server process that supports the network console provided on some platforms. The cvcd daemon accepts network console connections from a remote host (only one host at any given time). Console input is read from this connection and forwarded to cvc(7D) by way of cvcredir(7D). Similarly, console output is read from cvcredir(7D) and forwarded across the network console connection. If cvcd dies, console traffic is automatically rerouted through an internal hardware interface. The cvcd daemon normally starts at system boot time. Each domain supports only one cvcd process at a time. Caution: On Sun Enterprise 10000 domains, cvcd uses a configuration file (/etc/ssphostname) to determine the name of the host from which network console connections are allowed. If the remote console host is renamed, you must edit the configuration file to reflect that change. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: platform_name The official Sun platform name used in packaging and code. For example, for Sun Fire 15K servers, the platform_name would be SUNW,Sun-Fire-15000. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |Sun Enterprise 10000 | | |servers, Sun Fire High-End | | |Systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcvc.u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), svcadm(1M), services(4), attributes(5), smf(5), cvc(7D), cvcredir(7D) Sun Enterprise 10000 SSP Reference Manual System Management Services (SMS) Reference Manual NOTES
The cvcd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/cvc Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 11 Aug 2004 cvcd(1M)