Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: named
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers named Post 25927 by hassan2 on Wednesday 7th of August 2002 04:45:19 PM
Old 08-07-2002
I know S72inetsvc is named startup script that runs at run level two but what does the number 72 means?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

named pipes

Hi I am having trouble with a script to export individual schemas to tape from an oracle database. Basicaly I need to export each shema through a pipe with compression and store each shema name in a file with the relevant tape marker. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: truma1
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

named and nslookup

Guys , Am using Linux - Red Hat 6.1 . My DNS and nslookup command was working fine and ppl. can resolve through this server . but i changed something in /etc/named.conf , that stopped the DNS . The named proccess is working , but nslookup command is not , i get this error message : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a Named Daemon

I have a PHP CLI script that runs as a daemon. I have a cron job that checks every 5 minutes if that script is running. PHP slowly builds up memory and then eventually dies. I want to write a Bourne script wrapper around it to prevent this. However, I can't get my monitor script to search properly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edua
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tee into 2 named pipes

The following code does not work (zsh, Solaris), but works without the first line (files instead of pipes) :confused: mkfifo p1 p2 echo "Hello" | tee p1 > p2 & paste p1 p2 I would high appreciate any help to fix it. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzol
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Named PIPE

Gurus, I've a File Transaction Server, which communicates with other servers and performs some processing.It uses many Named PIPE's. By mistake i copied a named PIPE into a text file. I heard that PIPE files shouldn't be copied.Isn't it? Since it's a production box, i'm afraid on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tamil
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

named pipes

How to have a conversation between 2 processes using named pipes? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanchan_agr
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Named Pipes

hi, i am working on a script for oracle export, m using a parameter file... i want to compress the dump file that is generated.. in my script following is the code i have written. i am not able to generata .gz file mknod /tmp/exp_tesd1_pipe p gzip -cNf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Named pipe performance

Hi, I am getting data into a Named pipe. Does Named pipe have any size restriction; I know it does not have any storage and it just passes on the data to the next process. I want to know, if there will be a difference in the Named pipe performance if the data input is more. (I am using DB2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Bind named query

Hello! I have a DNS server running named on a RHEL 6.2 for very small development servers/clients network. I see the below logs on /var/named/data/named.run error (network unreachable) resolving 'D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET/AAAA/IN': 198.41.0.4#53 error (network unreachable) resolving... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
2 Replies
named-checkconf(1M)					  System Administration Commands				       named-checkconf(1M)

NAME
named-checkconf - named configuration file syntax checking tool SYNOPSIS
named-checkconf [-v] [-t directory] filename DESCRIPTION
The named-checkconf utility checks the syntax, but not the semantics, of a named configuration file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -t directory Change the root directory to directory so that include directives in the configuration file are processed as if run by a named configuration whose root directory has been similarly changed. -v Print the version of the named-checkconf program and exit. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename The name of the configuration file to be checked. If not specified, it defaults to /etc/named.conf. EXIT STATUS
0 No errors were detected. 1 An error was detected. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWbind9 | |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
named(1M), named.conf(4), attributes(5) BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual NOTES
Source for BIND9 is available in the SUNWbind9S package. SunOS 5.10 15 Dec 2004 named-checkconf(1M)